DJ Rhythms: F.A.Q. and Contact Info.
About D.J. Rhythms
D.J. Rhythms is a guide to club dance music, principally promoting the genres ranging from classic to progressive house, techno and ambient. It is not a retail store, record label, or production company. Nothing is produced, remixed, released or distributed by D.J. Rhythms. D.J. Rhythms is a non-commercial, cooperative effort. Many persons and companies contribute information to this site.
D.J. Rhythms features:
charts, d.j. playlists, reviews, a record store directory, a dance music database (catalog) with full disc/track info. and BPM, and a searchable database of links to dance music resources on the Net.
The information available at this site is provided AS IS. No warrantees as to the accuracy of the information are made. Inclusion of information is solely at the discretion of the DJR webmaster. DJ Rhythms will, to the best of our knowledge, follow all legal guidelines (no unauthorized samples or lyrics). Information may be excluded from this web site if so requested by the artist, producer, label, creator or webmaster.
Would you add my site to the D.J. Rhythms link catalog?
- Note: The link catalog is currently being reorganized. Links suubmitted will be added at the conclusion of the reorganization (a month or two).
We are pleased to add all dance music-related sites to our link catalog. Although we would like to review all sites, time does not permit this. To assist in making your entry, please email it to djem[removethis] @ afn.org (you need to fix the addy, i hope it cuts down on spam harvesters) with the following information and format:
Subject: Add link to DJR
First line of message: main URL for your site
Here's an example:
Second line of message: Name of site / location (country, state, city)
Rest of the message: Brief description. You may embed links to sections of
your site as long as you code them as html.
My Dance Site / Anywhere, State, USA
This site features the latest on the techno dance music scene in the USA. Sections include: charts of many DJs spinning the latest techno dance tracks, links to techno sites.
How do I order an item in the music catalog (database)?
- D.J. Rhythms is a non-commercial site. Nothing is sold via DJ Rhythms. In fact, no one at this site personally owns many of the items listed in the catalog. The items listed in the DJR Music Catalog are for informational purposes only, i.e. to help you know about music releases. Some of the items might currently be available for sale by music retailers or might be found in used record/cd shops. Much of the material listed in this database is out-of-print and is not readily available for sale. Certain items (promotional releases, dj remix services) in the catalog are available for sale only to professional disc jockeys. Here are suggestions for pursuing the purchase of items in the catalog:
- Consult with your local record shop.
- Check the catalogs of retail music shops on the Net. The D.J. Rhythms Links Catalog - retail music stores section is a great place to start.
- Consult with dance music specialty and disc jockey stores. The D.J. Rhythms Stores Directory will get you started.
- Some out-of-print items may be found by digging around and inquiring in used record/CD stores. Some of them are mentioned in the D.J. Rhythms Stores Directory and there are hundreds or thousands more in the U.S. alone. Check the Yellow Pages for your area, or, use an online version (see: Telephone Directories on the Web).
- Post the tracks you're looking for on a mailing list or bulletin board oriented toward the music genera you are interested in.
- Search online auction sites such as EBay. (Please be careful when you shop from unknown individuals.
- Check for ads in music magazines (Dance Music Authority, DJ, Goldmine, etc.)
- DJ Rhythms editor's note: the music industry, is being greatly hurt by the illegal distribution and copying of music. If you don't support and buy dance music, then there won't be any decent dance music!
Please send me the lyrics for ...
- Song lyrics are copyrighten. Publishing them over the Internet without permission from the copyright holder is a violation of the law. Therefore, we do not maintain a library of lyrics for distribution.
- The Australian Music Charts site encountered problems with this very issue. Certainly no harm was intended and we do hope the webmaster there was not punished.
Please email me all (or some part of) the DJR music catalog.
Send me all your information on music/house music/underground music.
- The DJR music catalog as presented on the WWW is copyrighted (© 1994-2002 by Kent D. Perkins and D.J. Rhythms). It may be used for your own personal use but it may not be published, reprinted or electronically distributed without permission. There is no implied or explicit warranty of any kind, including accuracy of content, with this catalog. This catalog is the product of many years (10+) of effort. DJ Rhythms will not distribute all or any part of the core database files which are the basis for the web version of the catalog.
Emailing to D.J. Rhythms
- The information we provide at DJ Rhythms is about the best we can do as an answer to this question. Take some time to explore the site and the many sites we have linked in.
Your comments, questions and letters of support are welcome. Unfortunately, other commitments and projects may impede or circumvent our response and we may not able to get back to you in a timely manner or at all. Please be aware that no one associated with this site is paid for their contributions. It is just not feasible to spend 30 minutes to an hour a day answering emails. If you do send email, please be sure your mail program is configured correctly so that we can reply. We receive many emails to which our replies bounce because the sender did not configure their mail program correctly. E.g.,
From: full name
© 1994-2002 by D.J. Rhythms, unless otherwise noted.
email: djem[removethis] @ afn.org (you need to fix the addy, i hope it cuts down on spam harvesters) PLEASE, DO NOT ADD THIS EMAIL ADDRESS TO A MAILING LIST
Last content update: 14 Oct 2002
[Top of Page]