DJ Rhythms: Link Catalog - Search
Regrettably many of these links are dead as retail music stores are failing and
many sites have moved since the early days of the Net.
A major purge and migration to a new format is underway.
[ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]
MATCHES FOR=> jungle
- 420 Grooves
- retail record store in Austin, Texas, USA. Their site offers a stock list, list of favorites and an online ordering form. They are in the process of reorienting their stock to specialize in jungle, trip-hop, ambient, and dub, which is what the owner, DJ Matt Milam, spins. The store formerly specialized in trance, techno and house. Link inactive: 05 September 1999, help us update this.
- Axiom Records
- a progressive music label founded by producer/bassist Bill Laswell. Their releases feature a lot of work from DJs (Krush, Rob Swift, Invisible Scratch Pickles, DXT, etc.), as well as music based in DJ-friendly "genres" like ambient, dub, funk, hip-hop, jungle, etc. Their releases include: Altered Beats and Axiom Dub compilation. (More...DJR database)
- Beats Cafe
- carries an assortment of techno, ambient, house and jungle. Link inactive: 05 September 1999, help us update this.
- Breakbeat Science NYC
- (doormat page) -a retail record shop located in 335 E 9th St in New York City (East Village), New York, USA. Their entry page (=menu page) features a Cyberstore, Lounge, About and Email sections. The store specializes in jungle, drum 'n' bass, breakbeat, trip hop, cd's, records, mix tapes, clothes, uk magazines, videos, and a huge backstock on all labels.
- The Breaks Web Site
- taps you into the world of jungle, hardcore and breakbeat music.
- Breakz & Beatz International
- a European site, also has a USA location. It covers break & beat music, styley's like triphop, abstract headz, breakbeats, jungle and other hifi audiofringeware music. Sections include: new release info, charts, reviews and links.
- Classic Trax Underground Dance Music
- - specialist supplier of Underground Dance Music on vinyl. Genres include oldskool, hardcore, house, techno, jungle, drum and bass & happy hardcore + gabba. Site features streaming real audio clips for most listed records, secure ordering, order tracking & the funkiest looking site on the web!
- a new retail record shop at 10544-82 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, ph. 403-431-0981. They are located in part of a 10,000 sq ft. clothing shop in the Whyte Avenue major shopping district. They specialize in jungle, breakbeat, and hip hop and also stock lots of techno and house. Web site to be up and running in a couple of months.
- Dance Music Authority (DMA)
- a monthly magazine published in the USA which offers a wide coverage of dance music (from rap, pop, freestyle and house to techno and jungle) with industry info., interviews, reviews and charts. Address: 7943 Paxton Ave., Tinley Park, IL 60477, Ph: 708-614-8417, Fax: 708-429-7830, email: DMADance@aol.com
- Tony Santiago's DanceNation
- contains over 2,000 active links to dance music sites on the World Wide Web. They are divided into categories, including:
Ambient/Trance/Happy Hardcore, Freestyle, Newsgroups, Artists, Gabber, Producers, Charts, House, Raves, Club Scene, The Industry, Record Labels, Dance Music (General), Jungle/Drum And Bass, Record Pools/DJ Associations, Dance Music Radio, Magazines, Record Stores, Disco, Miscellaneous, Reviews, DJ Sites/Remix Services, Mix Tapes, Techno, Eurodance, Music Licensing, World Dance, Netcasts.
- DJ Trax
- a Swiss techno DJ, features techno, acid-trance, hard-trance and jungle styles, with a DJ profile, charts, production notes, flyers, record covers, techno-art, and techno/rave links.
- DMC Records
- [Los Angeles, California, USA]- retail records store serving the DJs and dance community since 1984. Stocks 12" vinyl, CDs, DJ equipment; music genres include: techno, trance, breakbeat, jungle, house, Euro, disco, hip hop, and old school. An online store and mail order is available.
- Dune Records
- electronic music label degenerating into sonorous manipulations. Styles include: breakbeat, D&B, drum'n'bass, big beats, jungle, metal, electro. This label was established by Paolo Favati (PaoloF) a member of Pankow, the historical electronic band of the 80s. The first discographic release of Dune Records is the compilation, "METATOYS." It expresses the direction the label intends to follow.
- The Dutch Junglistic HQ
- has descriptions and samples of jungle music (.xm format), plus links.
- Entity Record Shop
- of Dortmund, Germany, specializes in techno, house, jungle and trip-hop. Their frameuctured site (in English and German) offers: info (about the store with hours and contact info), newslist, reviews, order, parties, charts and Draft Recordings.
- a weekly netcast show on the Pseudo Online Network. FreQ is an international electronic music forum, encompassing all subsets of electronic music: techno, house, jungle, triphop, ambient, and occasionally, more experimental sounds. FreQ netcasts live in Real Audio format (*.ra) every Thursday, 10:30pm-1:30am, U.S.A. Eastern Standard Time. This site also features a chat room.
- Funk n Find It
- [Sebring, Florida, USA]- a site established to serve as a center for the buying, selling and trading of vinyl records. The site includes: extensive pages of vinyl available by offer of (cash or trade, wants section, charts, links to other music related sites. Electro, funky and progressive breaks, hip hop, house, jungle, R&B, techno, trance are all included.
- Future Sounds
- a retail store in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. They can order just about any available domestic/import vinyl and CDs including rave, house, trance, hardcore, jungle, etc. genres.
- Galaxy Records
- of New York, NY, USA, is under new management. Their web site is currently being redeveloped. Here is the description of the previous site. Galaxy Records carries a large selection of about all the different forms of music out there... Trance, Hip Hop, Jungle, House, Ragga Hop, Acid Jazz, Latin Jazz, Salsa, Classics, Disco, and even Pop. They specialize in the vinyl format, but the CD format is also available on many tracks. The Welcome Page leads you to their Home Page (main menu) where you may select from a variety of choices, including: mixed tapes, vinyl, CD's, accessories, house music, events, radio. They also sell reconditioned Technics 1200 turntables.
Update 8 Apr 1997: The following notable sections have been added:
L'America - live house show -Global Unification of All Dance Music (requires RealAudio 3.0)
Otro Mundo Latino - dedicated to the awareness of Latin culture, music, and art.
CLUBthePLANET - preview upcoming street and club sounds. (requires RealAudio 3.0)
- Groove Radio
- a radio leader in the advancement of electronic alternative music and DJ culture, broadcasting worldwide movements in dance music such as Techno, House, Trance, Ambient, and Jungle. The top-15 charts for their radio shows (The House Groove, Groove Radio International, Planet Reggae, The Import Show) and their one-hour TV show, Groove TV, are available. You can also listen to Groove Radio in the Groove Studio (requires RealAudio software).
- Grooveradio 107.1 FM
- [Miami, Florida, USA]- underground radio station (no working link could be found for Net broadcasting) featuring trance, jungle, breakbeat and progressive house. The index page includes: Coming Events, Party-Photos, New Years Party !photos!, Music, Graphics, What's New, Chat Room, Message Board, Miami-Dance Chart, Master Mix Play-list, The DJ's, Join Promoters, Contact Us, Webmasters Link Exchange, and Links.
- news and articles from the Gainesville, Florida, USA, jungle, breakbeat, house, hip-hop scene. Sections include: Upfront (big news, names, events), Headstrong (local djs, artists, playas), Vibin' (thoughts, opinions, ideas), Instep (people, places, events), Gtheory Nights (info on 2 weekly Gvl music nights sponsored by this magazine). The site's load time has been improved by it's redesign in Nov. 1998 (less graphics, frames).
- Higher Source Music
- [Huntington Beach, California, USA]- site focusing on import and domestic house music and a selection of clothing and gear. Check back for updates weekly of the newest music for your box! Based in California out of Higher Source Records and Gear. Also sells Hip Hop, Trance and Jungle....
- Jungle Nut Productions
- with a Mission Global Junglism section dedicated to the spreading of joy through drum & bass featuring DJ's, events, t-shirts and links.
- LA Base
- a dance music vinyl auction island. The site is free and open to everyone who wants to auction off their vinyl records in electronic music genres including: ambient, breakbeat, Latin deep house, disco (1974-1980), electro/funk breakdance, gabber/hardcore, hard house, house, jungle, drum 'n' bass, Miami, Miami bass, hi-energy (hi-NRG), new wave, progressive house, rap, hip-hop, techno, trance/goa, trip-hop. [Note: this is a new site and contained no items as of viewing on 25 Oct 1998]
- Mail-O-Disc, Inc.
- a music mail order service based in New Hyde Park, New York, USA, which specializes in 12" dance, CD singles, cassette singles, CDs and cassettes. They carry a huge inventory of pretty much all dance genres: acid, breakbeats, classic, club, dancehall, freestyle, house, hardhouse, hip-hop, jungle, progressive, r&b, techno, trance, tribal, etc., plus DJ accessories. Link inactive: 05 September 1999, help us update this.
- Menace Corporation
- a United Kingdom -based online record shop. They specialize in the sale of UK jungle / drum'n'bass labels, plus house, techno, trance and acid. They have three UK-based retail outlets and worldwide shipping. The site includes product listings (vinyl), merchandise, CD's, mix tapes,
a chart page, plus
a jungle, drum'n'bass label hall-of-fame (logos of labels).
- Music and Video Exchange Specialist Shops
- in the London, England, United Kingdom region, buy, sell and exchange rarities, promos, and deletions, including a vast back catalogue selection. There are a number of shops in the region, including:
Soul Basement - 38 Nottinghill Gate, London: soul, jazz, funk, electro, reggae, rare groove, rap, swingbeat, house, techno, garage, jungle,
Dance Basement - 229 Camden High Street: house, techno, garage, jungle, ambient, acid, hardcore, balearic, handbag and classics.
- netcasts live music via Real Audio in a wide variety of music genera, including: blues & jazz, Christian hits, classical, country, dance & urban, electronica, holiday, kidz hits, modern rock, new age, pop hits, vintage rock, world music.These are futher subdivided into 150 channels of very specific styles, including: acid jazz, ambient, bhangra, big beats/breaks, disco, drum'n'bass, dub, 80's, electronica, funk, house, hip hop, house, house hits, industrial, jungle/breaks, latin, lounge, mixed rhythms, punk, rap, reggae, ska, soukous, techno, trip hop, urban.
The artist and title of the songs played are listed in a special window and conveniently, the items may be ordered from the CDPoint retail music store. The store includes a searchable catalog and Real Audio samples.
- Platenkoning Records and Dj's Amsterdam
- [Amsterdam, The Netherlands]- buys and sells used records and cd's (only in excellent or better condition); specializes in 12 inch vinyl maxi singles. Music styles include: house, techno, jungle, dance, disco, rap, r&b, electro, pop, jazz dance and reggae. The site also includes info. about their affiliated dj's and you can listen to the latest dj-mixes in Real Audio. They also buy and sell old handheld video games, cartridges, tabletops, etc.etc.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Platinum Vybes
- [Kansas City, Missouri, USA]- a record pool for female DJ's and independent record labels looking to promote hip hop, r&b, bass & drum, techno, trance, jungle, and reggae music.
- Robot Funk
- the presumed title of a site by DJ Jilt of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The main features currently available include: underground dj mixes (Real Audio 5.0, currently with a breakbeat triphop mix and a drum & bass / jungle mix), art gallery (a few items), the online vitual brainmachine (requires Shockwave) and a few links. Other sections are empty or minimal at this time: downloads, club events (DJ Jilt's itinerary), news.
- SF Jungle Home Page
- Sikosis Web Site
- anything to do with dj, music, drum'n'bass, jungle, the web.
- SoS Records
- a Houston, TX, USA, retail record store. Carries a wide selection of music genres: Techno, Trance, Acid, Goa, House, Ambient, ChillOut, Electronica, IDM, TripHop, AcidJazz, HipHop, Jungle, Hardcore, Gabber, DigiFunk, Electro, Club, HiNRG, Pop, in vinyl, CD and tape format. They also feature music samples for nearly everything in stock. For shopping, jump right in to the music page which offers current in-stock listings and pre-order lists.
- Test Pressing Napoli
- a Naples, Italy, dance music retail store stocking house, underground house, progressive house, hip-hop trip-hop and jungle music, plus mix merchandise and d.j. accessories. Their site features photos of the store and staff. Sound Prof, Sound Chek and the Test Pressing Chart sections are forthcoming.
- Ultra World Wide Web Magazine
- based in Antwerp, Belgium, has a large music section, Hear, with artist interviews, reviews, sound samples (.wav format) and charts, centering mostly on alternative and punk dance music with some acid jazz, easy listening, triphop, jazz, soul, jungle, fusion, techno and hip hop sprinkled in. Other sections in the zine include: Misc. Contacts, Links and Database (articles from previous issues).
- Undaground Therapy Records
- provides information on this new label plus covers the house, techno, rave, ambient, jungle, handbang scene with house sound samples (.au format), dance club and rave/party directories, and DJ information. (More...DJR database)
- United House Culture
- [Tampa, Florida, USA]- record store, dj equipment store and dj and artist promotions and booking agency. The site features:
an online catalog with Real Audio samples, new releases listing and ca. 15,000 + titles specializing in trance, electro breakz, progressive house, jungle, Florida homegrown and hard-to-find, out-of-print electronic dance classics;
dj and artist bios, booking and contact information, plus an events listing;
pro audio and accessories; and links.
- a retail record store located at 1119 W University Ave., Gainesville, Florida, USA. The first page is a doormat to the main page, which features weekly new releases and full stocklists on jungle, house, trance, downbeat, techno, hip hop, mixtapes, vinyl & cd's. They gave a very knowledgable and friendly staff. Ph # is 352.337.2982.
- a New York City based record store, specializing in dance music (house, hip-hop, R&B, jungle, drum & bass, acid jazz), and club classics, on import & domestic 12"s, Vinyl & CD full lengths, and CD singles. The site offers an online catalog of all classics, a new releases list (updated every week), and CD reviews. An online newsletter, link page, and club listings will be added in mid-January. (More...DJR database)
Your scan returned 41 of 41 matches as of .
[ Top of Page ][ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]