DJ Rhythms: Link Catalog - Search
Regrettably many of these links are dead as retail music stores are failing and
many sites have moved since the early days of the Net.
A major purge and migration to a new format is underway.
[ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]
MATCHES FOR=> house
- 12" HouseBase
- originates in Kalmar, Sweden. This site is designed as a database of house records where the users contribute information and sounds. The goal for the site is that it will be a source for locating house records.
- 23rd Precinct Recordings
- based in the U.K., houses the following labels:
- 23rd Precinct - commercial bouncy club tracks label
- Limbo - subclassed into Limbo Progressin' (progressive house), Limbo Housin' (American-style house grooves), Limbo Peakin' (danceable hard house), Dubs in Limbo (ltd. ed. releases of DJ-oriented club dubs) and Limbo Diversin' (various, big beats, chemical madness, etc.)
- Out On A Limb - underground hard house/techno label
- Inizio - party techno massive tracks.
The web site includes: Real Audio (tm) sound samples (*.ram), back catalog (discography), news, label and ordering info. (More...DJR database)
- 420 Grooves
- retail record store in Austin, Texas, USA. Their site offers a stock list, list of favorites and an online ordering form. They are in the process of reorienting their stock to specialize in jungle, trip-hop, ambient, and dub, which is what the owner, DJ Matt Milam, spins. The store formerly specialized in trance, techno and house. Link inactive: 05 September 1999, help us update this.
- features information on the Florida house scene. This site appears to be in a construction phase, many of the sections listed herein have very little information. The following sections are included: Events, Gallery (graphics files), Adult, Shopping (under contruction), Links (rave/club info and electronic music links around the world). A submenu contains the following music related sections: DJ's, Promoters, House Kids, Clubs, Visuals, Head Shops, Clothing, Dancing, Graphics, Printing, Music, Archives. WARNING TO PARENTS: Some sections of this site contain Adult material.
- A-1 Record Finders
- retail record store in business since 1971 which locates records for music producers, collectors and the general public around the world. They stock over 1 million hard-to-find, out-of-print vinyl albums (no tapes or CDs) in their warehouse (in Los Angeles, California, USA), including 45 picture sleeves, picture discs, EP's, promo's, soundtracks and foreign releases. Their catalog is not yet in an online database, but they are glad to search their inventory and provide an online search request form.
- Acme Record Company
- located in Decatur, GA, USA, is both a retail store and a distributor. They carry 12" import / domestic vinyl and specialize in house, tecno, triphop and breaks. Mail orders and special orders are welcome. Note: This link no longer works. Anyone know where they went? Link inactive: 05 September 1999, help us update this.
- Addicted To Noise
- based in Belgium, is a premier site for Belgian club listings, dance charts and house music.
- Alley Tunes
- a record shop in Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia that buys and sells vinyl records and CD's. As a service to Internet users they offer the Alley Tunes Search for Tunes site where you can enter your own wants under four different categories, or help a fellow web & music freak, to find that elusive tune personally via Email. Link inactive: 05 September 1999, help us update this.
- Alphabet City
- [Germany]- trance house and techno label based in Mönchengladbach, Germany, and run by Marc Romboy and Klaus Derichs (aka Marc et Claude).
- aM22: Dj Alexandre Marc
- personal DJ site of South Florida DJ and house music producer all done in Flash. Live internet broadcast house parties are available at: www.am22.com/foufou.
- And We Danced - Dance Music of the '80's - USA
- an enyclopedia of dance music in the 1980's covering disco, hi-NRG, house, Euro, and techno. Includes artist profiles and Real Audio clips. Also And We Danced-the 'Zine covers what 1980's dance artists are doing today.
- Atomic Nightclub
- features progressive dance and house music. 137 Besserer St., downtown Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Info. ph.: 613.786.1553, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B-Side Unlimited Records & Tapes
- located in Naperville, Illinois, USA, carries a selection of domestic and import CD's, tapes, mix compilations and 12" records of progressive house, deep house, hip-hop/rap, freestyle, top 40 dance. Link inactive: 05 September 1999, help us update this.
- bangbang records
- DJ vinyl shop - buy upfront soulful & funky house, techno, breakbeat & progressive plus classic hip hop & electro, funk, disco & rare groove 12" singles all with label scans and MP3's.
- Baroque Records
- [Coventry, England, United Kingdom]- progressive house label with excellent, energetic releases to date. The website includes information on releases, artists and charts. The site requires the Flash plug-in. (More...DJR database)
- Base 9
- a California, U.S.A., record label which produces a variety of underground music including trance, house, breaks and drum & bass.
- Basement Trax
- [Helsinki, Finland]- mail order record shop specializing in house music.
- Basic.ch Live Internet Radio
- [Geneva, Switzerland]- live net-only broadcast daily (6PM-2AM GMT+2) with over 30 DJs in a weekly schedule spinning quality noncommercial techno, house, drum&bass, hip hop and mucho more, including a huge 1-year mix archive online, webcam and icq contact.
- a recognized leader in electronic dance music downloads for DJs and club music enthusiasts. Legal downloads of high quality MP3s and WAV file formats are available for purchase. The site includes weekly top ten DJ Charts. There are from 600k+ tracks of House, Techno, Electro, Trance, Drum n Bass, Minimal, Dub Step and ten other dance music genres available for purchase.
- Beats Cafe
- carries an assortment of techno, ambient, house and jungle. Link inactive: 05 September 1999, help us update this.
- Black Rhythm Records
- a retail record store in Lunteren, The Netherlands. They specialize in vinyl 12", EPs and LPs in rap, disco, house, new jack swing, streetbeat, r&b and soul. Much of their inventory may be searched by keywords in artist, description, producer/remixer and label.
- Blaxtar Produxshunz
- of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, specializes in UnDaWorld Hip-Hop, DanceHall ReGGaE, Disco Classicz, UnDaGround House, Kla$$ic Klub/Dance Muzik & Slowjam Classic MiXXeD TaPeZ. The site also includes Webringz, ConneXtion Section, Bangin Banner Xchange, Guestbook Topicz and LINX. Link inactive: 05 September 1999, help us update this.
- Bottom Line Records
- [Myakka City, Florida, USA] - classic NY house/garage label, plus U-Turn Records, a premiere US electronic dance music label. Sections include: a complete catalog and sound bytes. You can also get in touch with the Man himself, Ed The Red, owner of both labels, DJ, Keyboardist, producer and just an all around nice guy:)
- Brooklyn Music Limited
- [Brooklyn, New York, USA]- a collective of seven electronic music labels, including 6 vinyl based 12" labels: Hyperspace (techno); Thrust (drum track techno); Sugar Spliff (electro & breaks); DigitalHut (noisecore); Hyperspace Transmissions (limited edition 10" releases); Beat Smart (drum & bass); and one CD and full-length album based label: X-Sight. Artists with releases include: Atomic Babies, DJ Little, Chicago Triple Threat, DJ Phenix, DJ Ani, Afrohead aka Felix da Housecat and Frankie Bones. (More...DJR database)
- Bush Records
- this label group includes Bush Records and sublabels Boo Records and Meltdown Communications. Bush Records releases quality house and techno, and all beats in between. The focus of Boo Records is upon house music and club tunes with the aim to challenge mainstream perceptions of this genre. Meltdown Communications features solid electro, break beat and experimental electronica genera with a diverse collection of jackin' break beats, synthetic basslines and complex aural sound scapes. (More...DJR database)
- Caliente Record Pool and Promotions
- a Latin record pool, promotions company and retail record store, based in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. The record pool section offers merengue, salsa and Latin house charts. Link inactive: 26 October 1998, help us update this.
- Captain Records
- Canadian-based label releasing freestyle, eurobeat and progressive house club mixes in 12", CD and cassette format. Artists featured include Tony Bishop and Vincent V.
- CD Express
- a division of Rockhouse Records B.V., The Netherlands. Affiliated with CD Express.
- The CD Pool
- [London, United Kingdom] A promotional service available only to qualified member djs. Promo releases are delivered via CDs in the following compilations: Club Beats (house and garage), Street Beats (R&B, hip-hop and soul), Underground Beats (double CD of techno, trance, hard house and all forms of underground house), Pop Beats (chart music).
- CD X-Change
- retail used CD store located in Madeira Beach, Florida, USA. They sell used CD's in pretty much all genres: classic rock, hard rock, metal, alternative, R&B, hip hop, rap, dance, techno, disco, new wave, country, blues, soul, jazz, easy listening, pop, big band, soundtracks, misc. music, children's music, reggae, Latin music, musical video, classical, holiday and more). They say single (full length) music discs & video will never cost you more than $8 ...with many categories selling for much less, including shipping and all applicable sales taxes (only in North America). They also ship worldwide. The music index provides links, by genre, of the current inventory price list.
- a retail company which makes custom CD compilations of dance, urban, electronica and related genres. They have licensing arrangements with labels like Transmat, Ninja Tune, Communique, Eye Q (Germany), Harthouse (Germany), Irma Records (Italy) and many others.
- Choci's Chewns
- retail record shop and 5 associated record labels: Choci's Chewns, Public House, Cannon, VCF and Voltage Controlled Remixes. Located at: The Basement, 9/12 St Annes Court (Off Wardour St), London W1V 3AX, UK. The web site is under development at present.
- Classic Trax Underground Dance Music
- - specialist supplier of Underground Dance Music on vinyl. Genres include oldskool, hardcore, house, techno, jungle, drum and bass & happy hardcore + gabba. Site features streaming real audio clips for most listed records, secure ordering, order tracking & the funkiest looking site on the web!
- a new retail record shop at 10544-82 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, ph. 403-431-0981. They are located in part of a 10,000 sq ft. clothing shop in the Whyte Avenue major shopping district. They specialize in jungle, breakbeat, and hip hop and also stock lots of techno and house. Web site to be up and running in a couple of months.
- Confi-Dance Records
- [Selby, North Yorks, United Kingdom]- online vinyl record store and label specialising in hard/tribal/progressive house and trance. The store features bargain and competive pricing. Confi-Dance Management represents artists and dj's, including:
artists: Blue Haze, Gazor, Mood Society, Sub Culture
DJ's: Michael Burns, Andrew Best, Phil Davy, Tony Reader, Bren Kehoe.
Forthcoming releases on Confi-Dance Records
Blue Haze - Greedy Planet (Original/Mood Society Remix)
Gazor - Stabilized (Original/Blue Haze Natural Groove Remix)
Blue Haze - We Feel (Original/Gazor Remix)
- progressive house/techno/trance group with an August 1998 release, "Dreaming of You," on the UK label, Automatic Records. This release, with mixes by Quietman, Mantra, and Control-Z, is getting excellent reviews.
- Covert Records
- record shop specialising in underground techno, electro, house, breakbeat and drum & bass with worldwide mail order.
- Cyber Records
- [Leiden, The Netherlands]- Progressive house / techno record label. (More...DJR database)
- based in London in the United Kingdom, broadcasts dance music live from the Cyberzone internet cafe, in East Croydon London UK. The current schedule is:
-Friday 1800 hrs. to Saturday 0800 hrs. - house with a funky and soulful flava
-Saturday 1800 hrs. till the wee hours of Sunday - psychadelic trance with Goa flava, pulsating through to very intelligent drum'n'bass.
- Dance Music Authority (DMA)
- a monthly magazine published in the USA which offers a wide coverage of dance music (from rap, pop, freestyle and house to techno and jungle) with industry info., interviews, reviews and charts. Address: 7943 Paxton Ave., Tinley Park, IL 60477, Ph: 708-614-8417, Fax: 708-429-7830, email: DMADance@aol.com
- Dance Music Network
- formerly called, 'Da Mix, - a site solely dedicated to house, techno, acid and ambient dance music. It features mixed music in Real Audio 2.0 format. A 28.8K connection needed to fully utilize the site.
- The Dance Music Resource Pages
- updated weekly. They contain a complete listing of new UK dance releases and imports, singles and albums, news of future releases, dance radio programme listings, and a big WWW links section. All new release can be perused or they can be viewed in the following categories: dance (general), house/garage, techno & trance, drum & bass, hardcore, or downtempo/leftfield. This site is the Internet edition of Dance Index, a weekly newsletter for dance fans, DJs and the music industry.
- Dance Vinyl Masters
- Quality providers of second hand and new vinyl around the globe, from late 80's house to progressive, speed garage, trance, hardhouse, techno. Supported By Les Hemstock, Powered by Passion.
- Dance Web: The Music in Movement
- a massive site from Italy. Sections include: News Non Stop; Dance People; Let's Dance; La Velenosa; Chartsmania; House Sweet House; Disco Fever; On the Air; Virtual Tour; Post-It. You can also receive much of the content of the site via email.
- DanceGrooves Online Dance Music Store
- specializes in underground dance music: dance, house, garage, trance, techno, including a a great selection of compilations and special offers. The site offers Real Audio listening, secure Internet ordering and label profile pages.
- Tony Santiago's DanceNation
- contains over 2,000 active links to dance music sites on the World Wide Web. They are divided into categories, including:
Ambient/Trance/Happy Hardcore, Freestyle, Newsgroups, Artists, Gabber, Producers, Charts, House, Raves, Club Scene, The Industry, Record Labels, Dance Music (General), Jungle/Drum And Bass, Record Pools/DJ Associations, Dance Music Radio, Magazines, Record Stores, Disco, Miscellaneous, Reviews, DJ Sites/Remix Services, Mix Tapes, Techno, Eurodance, Music Licensing, World Dance, Netcasts.
- [USA]- retail music and DJ equipment store carrying techno, house, progressive, speed garage, ambient, CDs, vinyl, Numark, Rane Mixers; Ortofon, Shure Needles; Technics, Numark Turntables. A new release mailing list is offered. Global UPS delivery. The site is a union of Atomic Music, Inc. and ThinkWorks, Inc. Link inactive: 18 September 2008, help us update this.
- Deep Dish Recordings
- Washington, DC, USA-based producers (Dubfire and Sharam), remixers and record labels (Deep Dish Records, Yoshotoshi Recordings and Middle East Records) known for quality smooth, deep, jazzy and ethnic-styled house music releases. The site sections include: biography, discography (albums, singles, productions, remixes), sound room, schedule, charts, contact and lyrics. (More...DJR database)
- Deeper Rekords NYC
- New York City, New York, USA, record label releasing excellent pumping deep house. The web site is the home of: Deeper Rekords, Deeper Studios, Deeper Style, and DJ/Producer Jonathan Peters. (Note: site is under construction at this time.) (More...DJR database)
- Dezmix Muzik Web
- by DJ DezMix of New York City, New York, USA, lists his house hot list chart and provides Real Audio 3.0 samples of his dance mix tapes and CDs available for sale (New York City style underground house, tribal house, latin house, house classics, freestyle, garage music, disco classics and custom aerobics tapes). There is also a chat area, guestbook, links directory, resume and a for sale page with deals on PC stuff, DJ equipment and recording gear.
Your scan returned 50 of 203 matches as of .
[ Top of Page ][ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]