DJ Rhythms: Link Catalog - Search
Regrettably many of these links are dead as retail music stores are failing and
many sites have moved since the early days of the Net.
A major purge and migration to a new format is underway.
[ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]
MATCHES FOR=> discography discographies *DI
- 23rd Precinct Recordings
- based in the U.K., houses the following labels:
- 23rd Precinct - commercial bouncy club tracks label
- Limbo - subclassed into Limbo Progressin' (progressive house), Limbo Housin' (American-style house grooves), Limbo Peakin' (danceable hard house), Dubs in Limbo (ltd. ed. releases of DJ-oriented club dubs) and Limbo Diversin' (various, big beats, chemical madness, etc.)
- Out On A Limb - underground hard house/techno label
- Inizio - party techno massive tracks.
The web site includes: Real Audio (tm) sound samples (*.ram), back catalog (discography), news, label and ordering info. (More...DJR database)
- Ace of Base - The Homepage
- offers HighTech and LowTech versions. This is a very complete site for Ace of Base fans, sections include: biographies, Cafe (chat room), catalog (a complete group discography, including albums, singles, home videos, sheet music, and more, plus there is also a index of songs by title), chart tracker (sales, airplay, etc. stats), classifieds (find, buy, sell, or swap), fan resources, just for fun, links, lyrics, multimedia (audio files, video files, photo album, cover art, more), news archive (articles from newspapers, magazines, and the Internet), sheet music, and credits.
- All Music Guide
- a huge database catalog of music releases. This company also offers the All Movie Guide - an online film and video database. But, movie soundtrack information is found in the All Music Guide, not in the All Movie Guide.
- And We Danced - Dance Music of the '80's - USA
- an enyclopedia of dance music in the 1980's covering disco, hi-NRG, house, Euro, and techno. Includes artist profiles and Real Audio clips. Also And We Danced-the 'Zine covers what 1980's dance artists are doing today.
- Arto's Sonic Dream Site
- Sonic Dream is the stage name of a lovely blonde lady from Uppsala, Sweden. This site contains sound files, pictures, info, discography, videosnaps etc.
- ASCAP - American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers
- a membership society of over 71,000 active composer, songwriter, lyricist and music publisher members. ASCAP was created in 1914 to provide the essential link between the creators of music and the users of music. They are the only performing rights licensing organization in the United States whose Board of Directors is made up entirely of writers and music publishers elected by and from their membership. The site contains a database of music: titles, writers, performers, publishers.
- Bernie's Disco Music Page
- (formerly, Bernie's Ever-expanding Universe of Model and Classic Buses, Disco Music & an Audio/Video Equipment Buying Guide) is by Bernie Lopez of New York, New York, USA. Disco dance music buffs will enjoy the nice selection of photos of 12-inch and LP disco record covers. Bernie's Audio and Video Equipment Buying Guide offers tips for those looking to buy home entertainment equipment (Bernie works at J&R Music World).
- The Best of Italo Disco Database
- this database includes 2073 italo-disco songs with BPM and time info. The site is provided by DJ Alex and Nasta who host the "Italo Disco Music Show" and "Disco Susret" on Radio Roda, 106.8 MHz.
- Beyond Records
- a UK-based company specializing in ambient / "electronic mood music." Their WWW site offers a discography, pictures of their releases, information on the artists and links to sister labels.
- a source for the song titles, writers and publishers of the world's most popular music. BMI offers a searchable database of millions of items, updated weekly, together with one of the Web's most complete source of information for and about songwriting and music licensing.
- Breakdown Records
- [Romford, United Kingdom]- a subsidiary of Suburban Base formed in 1994 intending to release quality and credible dance compilations which would appeal to both streetwise record buyers and those with a broader interest in music. The site includes a discography and merchadise info.
- The Catherine Collection
- a site on the Chicago, Ilinois, U.S.A. -based band, Catherine. It includes: Discography, News & Articles, Sounds (Real Audio), Links, Images, Lyrics, and Chat.
- Pocats Chic Tribute
- features Chic history, as well as a discography (with Real Audio clips, and a video clip), interviews and news about the greatest of the disco era groups, plus links to other similar sites.
- Circle of Fifths - Home of DJ Taylor
- [Los Angeles, California, USA]- includes mailing list with monthly contest, Taylor's discography, Taylor's bio, Taylor's calendar, Taylor's mixing, Taylor video, contact and links.
- Cyber CD
- a retail music store based in Germany with worldwide mailorder service. They have a massive searchable catalog with the following sections: new releases, special offers, top 100 charts cover and tracks, artist index, posters. Other sections include: info and shipment, advertise on CyberCD, gift tokens, questions and feedback, links.
- Death of Vinyl entertainment (DOVe)
- a now officially closed, Toronto, Canada, -based label incorporated in 1990 by Toronto broadcaster and mixologist Gerald Belanger. The crux of the site is the complete discography with some links to graphics of covers and sound files (samples, .wav and .au format).
- Deep Dish Recordings
- Washington, DC, USA-based producers (Dubfire and Sharam), remixers and record labels (Deep Dish Records, Yoshotoshi Recordings and Middle East Records) known for quality smooth, deep, jazzy and ethnic-styled house music releases. The site sections include: biography, discography (albums, singles, productions, remixes), sound room, schedule, charts, contact and lyrics. (More...DJR database)
- Disco Discography
- based in the UK, features a very large discography of disco 7" singles (arranged by artist), plus a lot of links to other 70's disco pages. Link inactive: 10 October 2008, help us update this.
- Disco Web
- by Paul Ryburn of Memphis, Tennessee, USA, covers about everthing there is to do with the disco scene, with info or links to topics such as: the history of disco, disco clothes, disco discography, hustle dancing, disco artist homepages. * I can't locate this page anymore, but here is his blog: http://www.paulryburn.com/ Link inactive: 10 October 2008, help us update this.
- "a multi award winning resource since 1996 and a thriving interactive community for the vinyl Disco record collector or '70s / 80s nostalgia buff." The site includes an extensive discography for disco music original vinyl releases including promotional copies plus a disco CD, download and DVD database. The Disco 101 section includes articles on the history of disco, a disco glossary, tips on the care of vinyl records and instructions on how to do the hustle. The clubs section has articles on the discos of the 70's and 80s. The site also includes an active forum for discussion of disco music.
- DJ Crash
- [Los Angeles, California, USA]- a remixer, DJ and producer with Crash Entertainment Group specializes in progressive, deep house and garage. The site includes events, charts, a discography, links and contact information.
- DJ Hutcho's (Fanatik) Perth Rave Pages
- comes to us from Perth, Australia. These pages offer sections such as: a profile of DJ Hutcho, a Web site for the P.A. group, Fanatik, info on Perth's hardcore and rave scene, a flyer swap page, and hardcore labels discographies.
- DJ Prince Mixing Tips
- [lo-res, 800X600 / high-res, 1024x768] - includes mixing tips, harmonic mixing info., BPM and keys database, gallery (album covers), booking info., top 10, DJ charts, DJ software (BPM and key calculating software), breakbeats, shop (store directory), MP3, guestbook, forum, and feedback.
- DJ X
- [Tampa, Florida, USA]- this site features information on the works of this DJ, producer and artist, plus links to his record label, Xquizit Records. DJ X and Xquizit Records specialize in the funky breaks style. [Eds. note: in fact I believe he produces some of the best product in the genre.] Sections include: DJ X in the News, How To Contact DJ X, What Do You Think?, Send Feedback Here!, Scrap Book Photos. The related Xquizit Records site includes: a BBS, Discography, Guestbook, Sound Bites (in Real Audio format), Online Ordering, Charts, Warez and Links.
- Effective Records
- [United Kingdom] provides new releases info, a competition, biography, full discography, recording studio equipment and contact info. This label's site is part of the Tag Records (UK retail store) site. (More...DJR database)
- Ejaness Reggae Comprehensive
- based in Brooklyn, New York, USA, features a large online catalog of reggae CDs with close to 600 artists and over 6,000 CD titles. View artist photos and biographies for nearly 500 artists. A great resource for collectors. Sections include: new releases, reggae catalog, reggae gospel, reggae Christmas, calypso, African music, requests, president's message and services.
- Gloria Estefan / Miami Sound Machine
- site at Allegheny Metalworking Corporation is attractively designed and thorough with the following sections: album and soundtrack discography; video list; background information on GE, MSM and the musicians in the groups; bibliography; recent news; fan club address and mailing list information.
- the Web EZine version of EST Magazine. The magazine focuses on industrial music, however, later issues of the magazine have reflected a growing interest in unusual, underground music, various forms of industrial music, and other innovative areas of music, such as free improvisation and contemporary "classical" music. The site features interviews, prehistory of industrial music, articles, loads of music reviews, some discographies and a directory.
- (faster text-only) site (the web version of the bi-monthly magazine sent free to UK subscribers on the Media Records, UK, mailing list). It offers News and Gossip, Product (Media UK and Italy), Artist and Producer (info and discography), Jukebox (.WAV format), Gigs, and Label info. sections.
- [USA]- a free approach to cddbp. A fully free CD information service developed in response to restrictive license requirements set forth by the owners of Gracenote (CDDB / CDDB2). The site includes a large searchable database of CD's with track listings. This database is also accessible via freedb enabled CD-players, retrieiving available artist, title and track information when a disc is placed in a CD player.
- Future Sound of London - Guy Elden, Jr.'s FSOL Discography
- Gracenote (CDDB / CDDB2)
- [Berkeley, California, USA]- is a technology company specializing in music recognition, content delivery, and database management. The CDDBr Music Recognition Service is a large online database of audio CD and song titles. CDDB-enabled CD players may access the database and retrieve the information on the CD in the player. The content delivery engine also provides the ability to aggregate and deliver rich third-party content that is directly related to music as it is playing (web site links and applications). In response to certain license restrictions and charges, freedb has been developed as a similar, entirely free, service.
- Le Guide des BPM
- contains an extensive guide to BPM, especially for French and European dance music releases plus reviews and current release information for French and European dance music.
- (Germany), a subsidiary label of Eye Q Records -- has artist, releases and discography sections.
- Hi-Bias Records
- a fierce Canadian label! Here you'll find artist info., dance compilation info. and discographies. (More...DJR database)
- hotdiscomix - The World Of Disco/Dance Music
- [Berlin, Germany]- presents extensive discographies for remix services (Disconet, Hot Tracks, Prime Cuts, Rhythm Stick etc.) and disco/dance labels (Casablanca, Megatone, Prelude, Salsoul etc.). In addition Chart-rewinds, biographies and portraits about deejays, disco-stars and clubs and a music shop with recommend CDs and second hand records.
- House Nation
- hosted by Streetsound Magazine. This large site is now DEAD. The developer, Walter Chiu, has moved on to Undergroundhouse.com. Still, the remains of the site, dedicated to house music, include a huge index of label discographies (non-frames-capable browsers can access the labels intro page and the labels index by following these links). (More...DJR database)
- I Venti d'Azzurro
- one of the most complete Italian dance music / Italo-disco music sites on the WWW. Sections include: Addresses (for this Italo music fan club), Chatboard, Crew, Charts, History, Import News, Italo Links, Label Mania (release information for all major Italian dance labels), What's New.
- Internet Movie Database
- (USA server, search screen) - is a complete guide to movies with section dedicated to movie soundtracks. (Mirrors: Italy, United Kingdom.)
- Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music
- an extensive and interesting guide to the genres of electronic music. Version 2, as of Oct. 2003, is nearly 50 mb in total size and includes 140 genres, 635 samples, 312 files, 105kb text and 2h 5m 37s of music samples.
- Italian Dance Music Homepage
- based in the Netherlands, contains the I Venti'D Azzurro top 40 chart, an alltime Italo top 100 chart, Italo releases audio page (Real Audio, .ra, format), CD release info (with some track listings), Italian record label info (nothing much here yet), discographies of Italo labels (just started), links and more.
- a three piece electronic dance music band from Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. Their intro page leads you to their index page which features fresh (news), a discography with music samples (.aiff and .ra formats) and video clips (.mov and .avi formats), live (pics and video clips, .mov format), gallery (pics) and upcoming events.
- Cyndi Lauper: Page After Page
- [Liège, Belgium]- this site has been created and maintained by Jean-Marc Piraprez. It is loaded with about any information you'd want to find in regards to Cyndi Lauper, including a discography and links to other sites.
- Leon's Disco Page
- by Leon Pronk of The Netherlands, features loads of info on Italo-disco and hi-nrg. There are three main sections: Italo page, USA/Can (nothing there at the moment) and Hi-NRG (nothing there at the moment). The Italo page is divided into oldies and newbies. The oldies section is frame-based and contains one of the largest databases of Italo dance music available. There are also wanted, for sale and links sections. (More...DJR database)
- Mind on Music (MoM)
- an extensive database of music information was formerly called WWW Music Database. This site, by Espen Skoglund of Norway, allows you to vote for your favorites music. This is different from the WWW Music Database that is managed by email@example.com.
- Joey Musaphia (Remixer / Producer / DJ)
- [London, England, United Kingdom]- homepage with biography, discography, and remixography plus management contact details and DJ booking info. Links page coming very soon...
- The Music Database
- originates from Austin, Texas, USA. This site provides 35000 tabs, chords and more than 5500 Midi files. There is a search engine, a browsable index for the tabs and chords, Midi files available for download, a Newsgroup and a very experimental Chat Room.
- Nemesis Music
- a New York, New York, USA, wholesale distributor of vinyl, cds and accessories. They specialize in import and export dance releases. (Note: wholesale means they only sell to stores which then sell the product retail to customers.)
- New Order
- site by Richard P. Kernin and Dennis Remmer. The site includes a New Order - discography.
- site by aka Lazlo Nibble contains a number of resources of interest to the dance music enthusiast. Sections include:
Lazlo's Discography Machine - a searchable gateway to 30+ pop and synthpop discographies, plus links to lots of resources related to each artist or label included.
The Internet Music Wantlists -a place to let the world know what music releases (CD, LPs, singles, music videos) you're looking for.
Nibble's Record-Shop Guides - guides to record shops in San Diego and Los Angeles, California, USA, with more planned.
Mailing Lists - information the Lazlo-maintained lists: Comic's-Business, Exotica, Jean-Michel Jarre, The KLF, Kraftwerk, Men Without Hats, The Orb, Orbulletins, Yello, and Zang Tuum Tumb Records.
Linkswamp - links on a grab bag of subjects, including Music artists, labels, retailers and etc.
Your scan returned 50 of 88 matches as of .
[ Top of Page ][ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]