DJ Rhythms: Link Catalog - Search
Regrettably many of these links are dead as retail music stores are failing and
many sites have moved since the early days of the Net.
A major purge and migration to a new format is underway.
[ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]
MATCHES FOR=> alternative
- Arista Records
- new site is under contruction. It already has a lot to offer, with Label (Bad Boy Entertainment, LaFace, Rowdy, Reunion, Career Records, Time Bomb Recordings and others), Genre (country/tejanao, r&b, pop, rock/alternative, hip hop, contemporary christian), Roster (artist list), About Arista and Peeps Republic sections. (More...DJR database)
- Beats E-Zine
- [New York, USA]- a free bi-weekly online magazine that covers all aspects of the music industry. Music genres include hip hop, rock, alternative, R&B, Latin (through its sister publication, 'LA'Ritmo.com), and jazz. Features include interviews with up-and-coming artists and industry insiders, news & analysis of events/issues are relevant to the industry, commentary and advice from our panel of contributors, reviews and charts of the latest album single releases.
- CD Cellar
- retail music store in Dayton, Ohio; specializes in import CD's (live, alternative, heavy metal and mainstream).
- CD X-Change
- retail used CD store located in Madeira Beach, Florida, USA. They sell used CD's in pretty much all genres: classic rock, hard rock, metal, alternative, R&B, hip hop, rap, dance, techno, disco, new wave, country, blues, soul, jazz, easy listening, pop, big band, soundtracks, misc. music, children's music, reggae, Latin music, musical video, classical, holiday and more). They say single (full length) music discs & video will never cost you more than $8 ...with many categories selling for much less, including shipping and all applicable sales taxes (only in North America). They also ship worldwide. The music index provides links, by genre, of the current inventory price list.
- Chart Magazine
- a Canadian print magazine devoted to new alternative music. Features in include articles on current acts, scene reports from across Canada, reviews and
Canadian college radio and retail charts.
- Forbidden Records
- Orlando, Florida, USA, based independent record label and entertainment company (servicing national chain stores and distributed by Navarre). Navarre also owns and operates NetRadio Network, a popular Internet music and entertainment site. Forbidden Records also owns and operates a syndicated radio program known as "The Global Music Search". The show offers independent and unsigned artists the opportunity to display their music to a large listening audience. The show is presently streamed over the Internet. Forbidden Records offers a variety of services to clients, including: manufacturing, CD compilation, alternative retail marketing, publishing, mainstream distribution and conventional label services.
- a San Francisco, CA, USA-based radio and music weekly trade magazine. It provides up-to-date information on what America's contemporary music radio stations are playing. Their homepage contains excerpts from the weekly issue. The GAVIN Airplay Charts are compiled from the playlists of more than 1,300 radio stations in 12 music formats: Top 40, Rap, Urban, A/C, Country, Americana, A3, Jazz, Adult Alternative, Alternative, College and GAVIN Rocks.
- Groove Radio
- a radio leader in the advancement of electronic alternative music and DJ culture, broadcasting worldwide movements in dance music such as Techno, House, Trance, Ambient, and Jungle. The top-15 charts for their radio shows (The House Groove, Groove Radio International, Planet Reggae, The Import Show) and their one-hour TV show, Groove TV, are available. You can also listen to Groove Radio in the Groove Studio (requires RealAudio software).
- Insomnia Records
- loads of indie and alternative records by mail, plus an interactive newsletter.
- Marad Records
- a south Florida, USA, independent record label. Their releases feature Dance, Hip-Hop, and Alternative genres. Product is currently released in 12" vinyl and, starting next year, will also be available on CD.
- The Music Room
- a developing site which aims to provide the most comprehensive music site on the Internet for music lovers, musicians, and industry professionals. The site is offered in Shocked and Non-Shocked versions. Sections include: music rooms with articles relating to various music genre and chat rooms (genre-- alternative, classical, country, dance, jazz & blues, latin, pop & rock, r & b, rap & hip hop, spiritual & new age; industry rooms-- corporate and muscician), a directory of live events, webcast concerts, venues and interactive interviews, record label links, radio stations, Billboard top 200, eclectic links, industry calendar, demo rooms, and e-zines. A full-service online music store is under development with a search engine that will search 150,000 titles. This store will sell CDs, videos, tickets.
- Play It Again Sam [Pias] Recordings
- independent record company established in 1983 as a specialist record shop in Brussels, and now a riving forces behind Europe's alternative scene. The company now has offices in Belgium, the United States, the UK, Holland, France, and Spain. (More...DJR database)
- of New York City, New York, USA, is a major music Web site which is updated daily. Features include:
-cybercasts, supercasts, album previews (live concerts, DJ mix shows and full-length albums presented online in RealAudio software format),
-reviews (updated weekly),
-chats (live with artists and archives),
specials (special sections such as -music news, Trouser Press, (which is really an alternative tap into the CDNow retail music store), Cinemachine (database of movie reviews), etc.) and
-Alt.Access (a guide to alternative music which includes a searchable index to sites, bios, and links to the CDNow retail store sales catalog.
Also, see Streamland, Sonicnet's new, one-of-a-kind music video website.
- That CD and Tape Place
- retail music store in Binghampton, NY offers lists of imports (chiefly mainstream, alternative and punk) available for sale.
- Ultra World Wide Web Magazine
- based in Antwerp, Belgium, has a large music section, Hear, with artist interviews, reviews, sound samples (.wav format) and charts, centering mostly on alternative and punk dance music with some acid jazz, easy listening, triphop, jazz, soul, jungle, fusion, techno and hip hop sprinkled in. Other sections in the zine include: Misc. Contacts, Links and Database (articles from previous issues).
- Winter Music Conference
- mega gathering of music industry professionals and enthusiasts from around the world held in March or April each year in Miami Beach. Alternative link: http://www.wintermusicconference.org.
- ZYX Music
- (Germany) An independent record label and distributor with subsidiaries in the UK, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands and USA . Their site features: dj info (dance news, new release info, plus numerous listings of currently available items), zyx inside (company info, with English and German versions), and pressing plant (CD pressing pricing); sections under development (inactive links), include: jazz, classic, compilations, pop, hip-hop, alternative rock, promotions. [Note: for more information on ZYX Music, also check out the W.M.I. Distribution, Inc. site, where there are track listings for a few ZYX new releases and a ZYX Music master text catalog]. (More...DJR database)
Your scan returned 19 of 19 matches as of .
[ Top of Page ][ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]