DJ Rhythms: Link Catalog - Search
Regrettably many of these links are dead as retail music stores are failing and
many sites have moved since the early days of the Net.
A major purge and migration to a new format is underway.
[ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]
MATCHES FOR=> "hip hop" "hip-hop"
- Apollo Records Inc.
- [Berkeley, California, USA]- an 18 year old 'brick and mortar' retail store converted to a website. Encyclopaedic knowledge of soul music and all forms of dance music; 100's of records and cd's for sale; archival service for out-of-print and rare grooves; and an eclectic mix tape catalog chronicling the history of hip-hop culture and its' most famous dj's around the world. Catalog info. available on the website. Money orders/Visa/Mastercard accepted.
- Arista Records
- new site is under contruction. It already has a lot to offer, with Label (Bad Boy Entertainment, LaFace, Rowdy, Reunion, Career Records, Time Bomb Recordings and others), Genre (country/tejanao, r&b, pop, rock/alternative, hip hop, contemporary christian), Roster (artist list), About Arista and Peeps Republic sections. (More...DJR database)
- Axiom Records
- a progressive music label founded by producer/bassist Bill Laswell. Their releases feature a lot of work from DJs (Krush, Rob Swift, Invisible Scratch Pickles, DXT, etc.), as well as music based in DJ-friendly "genres" like ambient, dub, funk, hip-hop, jungle, etc. Their releases include: Altered Beats and Axiom Dub compilation. (More...DJR database)
- B-Side Unlimited Records & Tapes
- located in Naperville, Illinois, USA, carries a selection of domestic and import CD's, tapes, mix compilations and 12" records of progressive house, deep house, hip-hop/rap, freestyle, top 40 dance. Link inactive: 05 September 1999, help us update this.
- bangbang records
- DJ vinyl shop - buy upfront soulful & funky house, techno, breakbeat & progressive plus classic hip hop & electro, funk, disco & rare groove 12" singles all with label scans and MP3's.
- Barneys Records
- record store in Chicago, Illinois, USA. They own the label, Dancemania, which is know for some Hip Hop standards.
- Basic.ch Live Internet Radio
- [Geneva, Switzerland]- live net-only broadcast daily (6PM-2AM GMT+2) with over 30 DJs in a weekly schedule spinning quality noncommercial techno, house, drum&bass, hip hop and mucho more, including a huge 1-year mix archive online, webcam and icq contact.
- Beat Street Records
- Brooklyn, New York, USA, retail store. They offer a full selection of dj vinyl for hip-hop, old school, independent hip-hop, reggae, r&b, classics, etc.
- Beats E-Zine
- [New York, USA]- a free bi-weekly online magazine that covers all aspects of the music industry. Music genres include hip hop, rock, alternative, R&B, Latin (through its sister publication, 'LA'Ritmo.com), and jazz. Features include interviews with up-and-coming artists and industry insiders, news & analysis of events/issues are relevant to the industry, commentary and advice from our panel of contributors, reviews and charts of the latest album single releases.
- Blaxtar Produxshunz
- of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, specializes in UnDaWorld Hip-Hop, DanceHall ReGGaE, Disco Classicz, UnDaGround House, Kla$$ic Klub/Dance Muzik & Slowjam Classic MiXXeD TaPeZ. The site also includes Webringz, ConneXtion Section, Bangin Banner Xchange, Guestbook Topicz and LINX. Link inactive: 05 September 1999, help us update this.
- BombRadio Network
- a hip-hop radio network. The doormat page offers entry paths for numerous browsers. The core of the site includes: On Air (Real Audio broadcast), BombChat, BombGames, BombLinks, BombMail (free email), Contests.
- The CD Pool
- [London, United Kingdom] A promotional service available only to qualified member djs. Promo releases are delivered via CDs in the following compilations: Club Beats (house and garage), Street Beats (R&B, hip-hop and soul), Underground Beats (double CD of techno, trance, hard house and all forms of underground house), Pop Beats (chart music).
- CD X-Change
- retail used CD store located in Madeira Beach, Florida, USA. They sell used CD's in pretty much all genres: classic rock, hard rock, metal, alternative, R&B, hip hop, rap, dance, techno, disco, new wave, country, blues, soul, jazz, easy listening, pop, big band, soundtracks, misc. music, children's music, reggae, Latin music, musical video, classical, holiday and more). They say single (full length) music discs & video will never cost you more than $8 ...with many categories selling for much less, including shipping and all applicable sales taxes (only in North America). They also ship worldwide. The music index provides links, by genre, of the current inventory price list.
- a new retail record shop at 10544-82 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, ph. 403-431-0981. They are located in part of a 10,000 sq ft. clothing shop in the Whyte Avenue major shopping district. They specialize in jungle, breakbeat, and hip hop and also stock lots of techno and house. Web site to be up and running in a couple of months.
- The Dancemania label is owned by Barneys Records a Chicago, Illinois, USA, record store. This label is known for some Hip Hop standards. Barneys Records will soon move to the URL:
http://www.barneys.com and Dancemania will be at:
http://www.dancemania.com. (Editor's note: this site was not viewable at time of entry into this database due to network problems somewhere along the way.)
- Dixie Sound Works
- in Alpharetta, Georgia, USA, sells 12 inch vinyl and CDs. Specializing in house, breaks, drum and bass, hip hop, R&B, heggae and remix services. Knowledgeable and courteous staff. The site includes sections for: The Dixie Dance Kings dj record pool and DME Music Services, Inc.
- DJDeals.com has been in the professional music industry since 1997 they have been selling music and pro audio equipment since the year 2000. They began as an independent record store in Burlington, Vermont called Joyryde Records; specializing in all genres of dance music & hip-hop. They are now the 2nd largest DJ Equipment retailer in the World based on website traffic & the highest rated DJ retailer in North America based on customer reviews. [Information from djdeals.com web site]
- DMC Records
- [Los Angeles, California, USA]- retail records store serving the DJs and dance community since 1984. Stocks 12" vinyl, CDs, DJ equipment; music genres include: techno, trance, breakbeat, jungle, house, Euro, disco, hip hop, and old school. An online store and mail order is available.
- Eightball The CyberShop
- at 105 East 9th Street in New York City, racks house, hip hop, reggae & acid jazz from around the world (12" & 7" singles, EPs & albums, vinyl & CD, DJ mix tapes) and exclusive Eightball-brand gear. This site has a new releases and buzz picks charts section, Global Cybershopping System (mail order) and an all-music chatboard. Link inactive: 22 August 2008, help us update this.
- The Focal Point, Your Center for Rap & Hip-Hop
- by Kev G. Sharp of First Icon Productions.
- Freeze Group
- site is under construction. It features house, hip-hop, freestyle, ambient, techno and breakbeat music styles.
- Funk n Find It
- [Sebring, Florida, USA]- a site established to serve as a center for the buying, selling and trading of vinyl records. The site includes: extensive pages of vinyl available by offer of (cash or trade, wants section, charts, links to other music related sites. Electro, funky and progressive breaks, hip hop, house, jungle, R&B, techno, trance are all included.
- Gaia Live Ltd.
- is the UK's foremost dance radio station, webcasting from large festivals, clubs as well as 80 hours of broadcasting, weekly, from studios in London. There are 25,000 listeners each week (and rising!). Started by Mr C (The Shamen) and DJ Redz 2 years ago, the company has progressed and now plays all dance music, techno, trance, house, garage, speed garage, drum n bass, hip hop and ambient.
- Galaxy Records
- of New York, NY, USA, is under new management. Their web site is currently being redeveloped. Here is the description of the previous site. Galaxy Records carries a large selection of about all the different forms of music out there... Trance, Hip Hop, Jungle, House, Ragga Hop, Acid Jazz, Latin Jazz, Salsa, Classics, Disco, and even Pop. They specialize in the vinyl format, but the CD format is also available on many tracks. The Welcome Page leads you to their Home Page (main menu) where you may select from a variety of choices, including: mixed tapes, vinyl, CD's, accessories, house music, events, radio. They also sell reconditioned Technics 1200 turntables.
Update 8 Apr 1997: The following notable sections have been added:
L'America - live house show -Global Unification of All Dance Music (requires RealAudio 3.0)
Otro Mundo Latino - dedicated to the awareness of Latin culture, music, and art.
CLUBthePLANET - preview upcoming street and club sounds. (requires RealAudio 3.0)
- news and articles from the Gainesville, Florida, USA, jungle, breakbeat, house, hip-hop scene. Sections include: Upfront (big news, names, events), Headstrong (local djs, artists, playas), Vibin' (thoughts, opinions, ideas), Instep (people, places, events), Gtheory Nights (info on 2 weekly Gvl music nights sponsored by this magazine). The site's load time has been improved by it's redesign in Nov. 1998 (less graphics, frames).
- Hard To Find Records
- in Birmingham, England, United Kingdom, is a record store designed to help locate those hard to find records. They specialise in all types of rare, deleted, used and new house, garage, techno, handbag, disco, balearic, soul and hip hop. They will attempt to find any record released. Their website has recently been revamped. It includes directions to their store (warehouse), ordering information, links, a chart and a massive online database with lists of all the latest hot releases, plus one of the most comprehensive selections of rare and deleted dance records from 1970 till present.
- Higher Source Music
- [Huntington Beach, California, USA]- site focusing on import and domestic house music and a selection of clothing and gear. Check back for updates weekly of the newest music for your box! Based in California out of Higher Source Records and Gear. Also sells Hip Hop, Trance and Jungle....
- Inside Productions
- an up-and-coming record label/promotions company based in Newcastle, UK. Their Website is dedicated to the underground music of Tyneside. Samples (Real Audio format) of the hip-hop, drum n bass, funk and dance music from talented local artists are available. The site is only a start but is set to expand rapidly soon.
- Inter Dance Web mEgaZINE!
- hails from Belgium. The front page states, "IDW mEgaZINE! is for everybody who is interested in every kind of danceable music, eurodance, techno, rave, house, hip hop, trip hop, swing beat, trance, ambient (the after party music)...etc."
- LA Base
- a dance music vinyl auction island. The site is free and open to everyone who wants to auction off their vinyl records in electronic music genres including: ambient, breakbeat, Latin deep house, disco (1974-1980), electro/funk breakdance, gabber/hardcore, hard house, house, jungle, drum 'n' bass, Miami, Miami bass, hi-energy (hi-NRG), new wave, progressive house, rap, hip-hop, techno, trance/goa, trip-hop. [Note: this is a new site and contained no items as of viewing on 25 Oct 1998]
- Mail-O-Disc, Inc.
- a music mail order service based in New Hyde Park, New York, USA, which specializes in 12" dance, CD singles, cassette singles, CDs and cassettes. They carry a huge inventory of pretty much all dance genres: acid, breakbeats, classic, club, dancehall, freestyle, house, hardhouse, hip-hop, jungle, progressive, r&b, techno, trance, tribal, etc., plus DJ accessories. Link inactive: 05 September 1999, help us update this.
- Marad Records
- a south Florida, USA, independent record label. Their releases feature Dance, Hip-Hop, and Alternative genres. Product is currently released in 12" vinyl and, starting next year, will also be available on CD.
- "established in 1999 and now proving to be one of the world's most prestigous sites for sourcing classic, rare & deleted dance music on vinyl." They stock records and CDs from the last 2 decades and ship orders worldwide. Music genres include: funky house, house classics, old skool, UK garage, soul, disco, trance, hardcore, happy hardcore, rave, drum & bass, R'n,B, swingbeat and old skool hip hop. The shop opened in April 2004 and visitors are welcome to come in person (see web site for the address).
- Melodies and Memories
- a retail music store in Waterford, Connecticut, USA, in business since 1989. They sell vinyl only from the 1950's-1990's with specialities in jazz, soul, R&B, 12" singles, disco, rap, hip hop, rock, 45's, vocals, soundtracks, and country and western.
- Mercury Records (US)
- major label division of the Polygram company. Their site includes information on artists, new releases, what's new (on the site, latest press releases, schedule of TV and radio appearances), tour dates and links to partner and subsidiary labels, including:
DefJam Recordings (rap, hip-hop)
Triloka Records (world Beat, jazz, new instrumental).
- The Music Room
- a developing site which aims to provide the most comprehensive music site on the Internet for music lovers, musicians, and industry professionals. The site is offered in Shocked and Non-Shocked versions. Sections include: music rooms with articles relating to various music genre and chat rooms (genre-- alternative, classical, country, dance, jazz & blues, latin, pop & rock, r & b, rap & hip hop, spiritual & new age; industry rooms-- corporate and muscician), a directory of live events, webcast concerts, venues and interactive interviews, record label links, radio stations, Billboard top 200, eclectic links, industry calendar, demo rooms, and e-zines. A full-service online music store is under development with a search engine that will search 150,000 titles. This store will sell CDs, videos, tickets.
- UK record shop with secondhand vinyl and cd, for DJ's and collectors; rare items, deletions, promos, dj vinyl, soundtracks, reggae, indie, pop, rock, soul, dj mixes, house, ambient, trance, techno, comedy, rap, hip hop, jazz, world music, wierd and bizarre records.
- [USA]- on-line music retailer which offers a large selection of domesic (US) and import dance, hip-hop, electronica, and drum & bass in 12" vinyl and CD formats. Their site draws from the catalog of tRC Distribution who has been distributing dance music for over ten years. New releases lists are available by genre. They also sell DJ equipment and clothing; offering amazing deals on turntables, mixers, needles, cartridges, headphones, flight cases and record bags.
- My-CD - My Custom Disc
- makers of custom, personalized music CDs. Samples of the thousands of tracks are available. Genres include: rock, jazz, classical, world, hip-hop, techno, country & western, new age, live concerts. You may select your own custom cover cover art, title, and write your own "liner notes" or a personal greeting. Ready made compilations are also available.
- netcasts live music via Real Audio in a wide variety of music genera, including: blues & jazz, Christian hits, classical, country, dance & urban, electronica, holiday, kidz hits, modern rock, new age, pop hits, vintage rock, world music.These are futher subdivided into 150 channels of very specific styles, including: acid jazz, ambient, bhangra, big beats/breaks, disco, drum'n'bass, dub, 80's, electronica, funk, house, hip hop, house, house hits, industrial, jungle/breaks, latin, lounge, mixed rhythms, punk, rap, reggae, ska, soukous, techno, trip hop, urban.
The artist and title of the songs played are listed in a special window and conveniently, the items may be ordered from the CDPoint retail music store. The store includes a searchable catalog and Real Audio samples.
- On Point Productions -- Diggety Hip Hop Page
- produced in Port Jefferson, New York, USA. Hip-hop music is given complete coverage here, with sections including: Sample Audio CD's (info on CD's for sale which contain 100's of samples each), Underground Mixtapes, Loop of the Week, Production Skillz, Hip Hop Reviews, Rap It Up! (Java required), The Adventures of Honky Thomas, Bomber on the Run, Snaps & Yo Momma (jokes), Phat Links.
- Online Dance Music Store (Dee Jay's Montreal Records)
- [Montreal, Quebec, Canada]- specializes in dance music. The Music Shopping Menu contains numerous choices, including: a variety of charts (top 30 club, top 40 dance), new releases lists (house, dance, cd single, 12" hip hop) and best sellers lists (cd single). Real Audio samples are available for much of the product in the catalog.
- Original Hip-Hop (Rap) Lyrics Archive
- Platinum Vybes
- [Kansas City, Missouri, USA]- a record pool for female DJ's and independent record labels looking to promote hip hop, r&b, bass & drum, techno, trance, jungle, and reggae music.
- Remember the Music of the 80's
- English version, also has a French version is by "Gryzor" in France. The site features lists (year, artist, title, time) of disco, funk, pop-rock, French pop-rock, dance, hip-hop, house and slow music of the late 1970's and 1980's. Others sections include: wanted and help me.
- Skylab Recording Studios
- located in Gainesville, Florida, USA. A production facility and recording studio specializing in the arts of techno, house, dance and hip hop. The owner and Chief Engineer, Gerry King, has been producing dance records for over 10 years. His credits include releases on Wax Brothers, Adrenaline, Mic Mac, Vortex, Stratus, Plasma and X-mix. Skylab will be providing recording, production and DJ workshops beginning in the fall of 1997!
- Sonicnet's new, one-of-a-kind music video website. Fans can now access music videos from their favorite artists. Streamland features hundreds of full-length music videos from cutting-edge electronic, hip-hop, and punk artists. Videos are constantly being added and most unavailable on regular video channels. From now on you can choose music videos right off the Web whenever you want.
- Tar Media Productions
- [Canada]. A multimedia and independent label specializing in abstract underground hip-hop and related electronic music and culture. They will be releasing Tarbaby's, "One Day I'll Marry A Human" very shortly.
- Test Pressing Napoli
- a Naples, Italy, dance music retail store stocking house, underground house, progressive house, hip-hop trip-hop and jungle music, plus mix merchandise and d.j. accessories. Their site features photos of the store and staff. Sound Prof, Sound Chek and the Test Pressing Chart sections are forthcoming.
- Timewarp Records (UK)
- a London, UK, based music dealer and distributor specializing in jazz, drum'n'bass, latin, hip hop, trip hop and related music. Sections include: New Releases, Best Sellers, The Vaults, Breakbeats, The Catalogue, Enquiries and Links. Real Audio 3 samples and Mpeg 2 files are available along with secure online shopping and Worldwide delivery.
Your scan returned 50 of 58 matches as of .
[ Top of Page ][ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]