DJ Rhythms: Link Catalog - Search
Regrettably many of these links are dead as retail music stores are failing and
many sites have moved since the early days of the Net.
A major purge and migration to a new format is underway.
[ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]
Magazines and E-Zines
- 2c Club Culture OnLine Magazine
- well respected and second most visited club site of Sydney, Australia - offers full reviews, news and feature articles. Endorsed by 3D world magazine as well as the Home Nightclub. Updated twice per week.
- Ace of Base - The Homepage
- offers HighTech and LowTech versions. This is a very complete site for Ace of Base fans, sections include: biographies, Cafe (chat room), catalog (a complete group discography, including albums, singles, home videos, sheet music, and more, plus there is also a index of songs by title), chart tracker (sales, airplay, etc. stats), classifieds (find, buy, sell, or swap), fan resources, just for fun, links, lyrics, multimedia (audio files, video files, photo album, cover art, more), news archive (articles from newspapers, magazines, and the Internet), sheet music, and credits.
- Australian Music Monolith
- a well-developed index of music resources on the Net, with an emphasis on Australian sites. Sections include: Australian Artists;
Music Charts from All Over the World (an extensive index);
FTP Sites (software and information); Learning Music; Making Music; Video and Audio Clips; Media (magazines, ezines, TV, radio); Music Industry Resources; Record Labels and Companies; Retailers, Wholesalers and Distributors.
- Beats E-Zine
- [New York, USA]- a free bi-weekly online magazine that covers all aspects of the music industry. Music genres include hip hop, rock, alternative, R&B, Latin (through its sister publication, 'LA'Ritmo.com), and jazz. Features include interviews with up-and-coming artists and industry insiders, news & analysis of events/issues are relevant to the industry, commentary and advice from our panel of contributors, reviews and charts of the latest album single releases.
- Beyond the 49th Parallel
- (doormat page) features information on all levels of the Canadian music scene. The main page is the menu page with choices such as: scene (Canadian club listing), arena (chat boards), style (fashion design, architecture, art), noise (editorial), media (magazines/books/tv/film/internet/cd-rom), interviews (Canadian cut creators and other pop cult artists), oddballs (games/comics/aliens/weird subjects), swap (an online marketplace for selling used vinyl, CDs and DJ equipment).
- Billboard Online
- web version of USA's Billboard Magazine. A large chunk of this site is available only to subscribers, but the following sections, are free:
charts (top 100 of the top 200 albums, top 50 singles, chart spotlight)
breaking news, trivia and extras.
- BluePlanet Magazine
- a UK dance music / scene e-zine, offers (from its contents pages) a "clublife" guide, Jockey Slut Magazine (a UK dance print mag.), interviews, single reviews, album info., and DJ charts.
- Breakbeat Science NYC
- (doormat page) -a retail record shop located in 335 E 9th St in New York City (East Village), New York, USA. Their entry page (=menu page) features a Cyberstore, Lounge, About and Email sections. The store specializes in jungle, drum 'n' bass, breakbeat, trip hop, cd's, records, mix tapes, clothes, uk magazines, videos, and a huge backstock on all labels.
- British Magazines Direct
- offers over 3000 British magazines on line from their Internet store.
- [Dunstable, United Kingdom]- retail music shop with 1000's of items always in stock - mainly pop, dance, soul, R&B, in vinyl, CD and tape formats. Magazines and more are also available for sale.
- Chart Magazine
- a Canadian print magazine devoted to new alternative music. Features in include articles on current acts, scene reports from across Canada, reviews and
Canadian college radio and retail charts.
- Circuit Breaker
- an electronic magazine covering the San Francisco Bay Area's night life, popular eating spots and fashion. Plus, there are features, book reviews, games and other fun stuff.
- Da Bass Place
- [Orlando, Florida, USA] an online bass magazine, brings you the scene on bass and underground music in the South (USA).
- Dance Music Authority (DMA)
- a monthly magazine published in the USA which offers a wide coverage of dance music (from rap, pop, freestyle and house to techno and jungle) with industry info., interviews, reviews and charts. Address: 7943 Paxton Ave., Tinley Park, IL 60477, Ph: 708-614-8417, Fax: 708-429-7830, email: DMADance@aol.com
- Dance Music Guide at About.Com
- [USA]- by Jennifer Warner is a weekly dance music magazine and net guide. The site features weekly articles, reviews, contests and a well-organized guide to dance music sites on the WWW (annotated link directory). The site is searchable and part of the large WWW site guide, About.Com.
- Tony Santiago's DanceNation
- contains over 2,000 active links to dance music sites on the World Wide Web. They are divided into categories, including:
Ambient/Trance/Happy Hardcore, Freestyle, Newsgroups, Artists, Gabber, Producers, Charts, House, Raves, Club Scene, The Industry, Record Labels, Dance Music (General), Jungle/Drum And Bass, Record Pools/DJ Associations, Dance Music Radio, Magazines, Record Stores, Disco, Miscellaneous, Reviews, DJ Sites/Remix Services, Mix Tapes, Techno, Eurodance, Music Licensing, World Dance, Netcasts.
- a premier Italian print and net dance magazine with a current print distribution of 20,000. Features include: reviews, charts, record label information, D.J.'s home pages, news about Italian D.J.'s and producers around the world, ads for events, many soundbites, new releases info. , D.J. equipment info. An excellent site!
- Discotheque on Line
- [Venice, Italy]- realized by the Ye@@h Pl@net staff. Sections include: Discotheques in Italy, Discotheques in Europe, Discotheques in the World, Dj's Bank - by Marco Fava DJ, Dj's Resource, Disco Services, Curiosity, Musical Hits - by Radio Piemonte Stereo, Statistics, Dangerous Magazine on Line, DiscoX - Tickets on line, Market Live Rendezvous - Appointments, Guestbook, Disco links, Music Links, Music Shop, Musical News, Various.
- DJ Magazine
- Future Publishing's cutting edge dance music, club culture and DJ technology, including charts, news, interviews, MP3 download store and the top 100 DJ poll.
- DJ Times
- print magazine and sponsors of the International DJ Expo held in Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA, in the summer.
- UK-based, with a USA branch, remix service for sale only to professional d.j.'s with several publications: Mixmag, Mixmag Update. Each magazine offers interviews, reviews and charts.
DMC Dance Top 20 Charts have been know to reside at Infinity Disco Zone.
- the Web EZine version of EST Magazine. The magazine focuses on industrial music, however, later issues of the magazine have reflected a growing interest in unusual, underground music, various forms of industrial music, and other innovative areas of music, such as free improvisation and contemporary "classical" music. The site features interviews, prehistory of industrial music, articles, loads of music reviews, some discographies and a directory.
- (faster text-only) site (the web version of the bi-monthly magazine sent free to UK subscribers on the Media Records, UK, mailing list). It offers News and Gossip, Product (Media UK and Italy), Artist and Producer (info and discography), Jukebox (.WAV format), Gigs, and Label info. sections.
- Explizit dot Org
- [Amsterdam, Netherlands] - the site is about techno music and everything connected: mailinglists, FAQs, Webrings, fashion, music, drugs, synthesisters, hip, hype and much more. They host discussionlists for Faithless and Sunscreem. Also available: links, magazine, reviews, and a Webcam.
- Future Music
- (Futurenet.com) web site and UK print magazine which covers making music with technology. Each issue of the print-zine includes a CD-ROM loaded with programs, samples and promo tracks. (More...DJR database)
- a San Francisco, CA, USA-based radio and music weekly trade magazine. It provides up-to-date information on what America's contemporary music radio stations are playing. Their homepage contains excerpts from the weekly issue. The GAVIN Airplay Charts are compiled from the playlists of more than 1,300 radio stations in 12 music formats: Top 40, Rap, Urban, A/C, Country, Americana, A3, Jazz, Adult Alternative, Alternative, College and GAVIN Rocks.
- Goldmine Online
- the Web version of the biweekly record and compact disc collector's magazine, Goldmine Magazine. The web version is tagged as collect.com by Krause Publications.
- news and articles from the Gainesville, Florida, USA, jungle, breakbeat, house, hip-hop scene. Sections include: Upfront (big news, names, events), Headstrong (local djs, artists, playas), Vibin' (thoughts, opinions, ideas), Instep (people, places, events), Gtheory Nights (info on 2 weekly Gvl music nights sponsored by this magazine). The site's load time has been improved by it's redesign in Nov. 1998 (less graphics, frames).
- House Nation
- hosted by Streetsound Magazine. This large site is now DEAD. The developer, Walter Chiu, has moved on to Undergroundhouse.com. Still, the remains of the site, dedicated to house music, include a huge index of label discographies (non-frames-capable browsers can access the labels intro page and the labels index by following these links). (More...DJR database)
- Ice Magazine On-Line
- offers a CD Release Dates section plus much more (which I will get to later).
- IMix Mag
- a New York City, New York, USA, underground dance music print magazine and webzine. Sections include: the imix DJ Page and Industry (industry events and DJ-related articles), imix club life (club events in the New York area), charts and reviews.
- The Jockey Slut
- Unit 3F, Beehive Mill, Jersey Street, Ancoats, Manchester M4 6JG, UK, ph: 01161-950-4215, fax 0161-950-4217 - This bi-monthly UK magazine offers a wide coverage of European dance music with interviews, reviews and charts. Sold in the U.S. by some specialty dance music stores and newstands.
- Live Sound International
- print magazine which serves the working professionals of the worldwide performance audio industry as a indispensable companion. As such, LIVE SOUND!'s editorial content is focused on the workplace needs of mobile and fixed sound reinforcement end-users including music production, theater, corporate AV, civic and educational applications, variety entertainment, sacred environments, converging technologies and successful business practices. Advertisers IndexArchives/LibraryAudio University On-LineLS! HomeLS! ReprintsPrevious IssueTechnically CorrectLoading DockCase HardenedMassive Meaty LinksPA BookPhotogravure!Profit Motive$Trade ShowsProfessional OrganizationsLS! AwardsTour Coach Quiz
- print magazine, formerly known as Mixmag, published by DMC. This magazine specializes in the dance music scene with reviews, charts and inteviews.
- Mixmag and Mixmag Update
- UK magazines with a related USA publication, Update USA. They are published by the DMC remix service. The Mixmag Update Buzz Charts are a great starting place to check out what promos are out now and what hot new releases are forthcoming.
- Mobile Beat Magazine
- P.O. Box 309, East Rochester, NY 14445-0309, Ph: 716-3385-9920, Fax: 716-385-3637, email: MobileBeat@aol.com - This bi-monthly magazine is oriented more towards the mobile, rather than club d.j., but there is useful info. on equipment, supplies, music and contacts for everyone.
- Music and Computers
- web site for this informative print magazine.
- Music Business
- monthly magazine for the music instrument and allied trade. Other than info. on the magazine there is the Music Business Online Directory which lists over 1000 companies in music and related areas. The directory includes an A to Z company listing with contact info. for the companies, list by product names and product sources by types.
- Music Control Dance Management and Booking Agency
- the site includes a large roster of eurodance artists mostly managed worldwide. Section include: S.O.S. DJ, Dance (Real Audio samples), Disco (Real Audio Sample), About Us, Contact Us, Charts and Links (Magazines, Labels, Dance Sites, Disco 70's, 80's Sites).
- a source for UK and European dance music info. The front page is a simple to use search interface. I'm no longer sure which labels and artists are featured here. At one time the following were featured -- labels: Perfecto, Wea, Parlophone, Creation, MCA, Deconstruction, Polydor, Island and Motown and artists: Blur, Pet Shop Boys, Black Grape, Live, Radiohead, William Orbit, plus Blues and Soul Magazine.
- Musicians' Intellectual Law & Resources Links
- by attorney Jay M. Schornstein of Portland, Oregon, USA. Includes: notes on copyright, copyright in compositions, copyright in sound recordings, collection of royalties, mechanical royalties, trademarks and servicemarks, miscellaneous intellectual law, links, thoughts on contracts, analysis of recording contract clauses, musician resources, favorite musician related links, jazz and music magazines, record company links, booking agents, managers and music publishers, international venues, American venues, musicians' web pages, spotlight on the Portland music scene, disclaimer, web page information.
- The Musicosm
- [Beverly Hills, California, USA] - a new music entertainment site all about the latest in cool underground music and lifestyles. Among the many features being offered as they grow are links to a few TOP sites related to their favorite writers favorite genre of music. Although there are hundreds of thousands of music and music-related sites out there, they focus only on the BEST in each genre.
- Nightclub & Bar Hospitality Online
- the Net version of Nightclub and Bar Magazine. This site roams the cutting edge of the global nightlife scene. This well-designed site is full of information. Sections include:
DME Inc. / NCB Top 50 Dance / Crossover Chart (provided by The DixieDance Kings record pool)
hot promotions, cool cocktails, disc jockey booth (features, dj profiles (incl. a nice write-up on Atlanta's top dj's) and new products), club crawl (a very comprehensive club/bar directory), CyberMall (club/music industry-related products), bar links (actually links to more than just bars), NC&B Expo (convention and trade show).
- Northwest Dance Music Association
- [Northwestern region, USA]- a DJ record pool serving the dance music communities for the states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana, USA, since December 1977. They also publish the Northwest Beats Per Minute newsletter. Features at the site include: Top 50 Dance Chart, Top 50 Urban Chart, Member Services, Member Pages, How To Join..., Pics and More Pics, Upcoming Events, Links (loads including a large list of record label links), Technics 1200 Turntables FAQ. A on-line listing of the best DJ record pools in the country formerly hosted here is now at: http://www.recordpools.org.
- Out of Hand Online
- a music / club scene E-zine based in Bristol, United Kingdom. Sections and subsections include: E-zine, News (events), Clubs, Music (charts and reviews, DJ interviews and profiles, forthcoming events, web links), Competitions, Web, X-Network, and Interact. A mailing list and bulletin board are also available. This site is tied into the Bristol Plus site which includes: Shopping, Daytime, Nightlife, Amsterdam, Bars and Cafés, Record Shops and Interact.
- Postcard from Mokum
- an online dance music magazine from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. This is a nice site with news, hot new vinyl, digital jukebox (.ram format), poolside tape and many more sections.
- Power Station Recordings
- (faster text-only), is part of the Eurotech (faster text-only) site (the web version of the bi-monthly magazine sent free to UK subscribers on the Media Records, UK, mailing list). It offers News and Gossip, Product Media UK and Italy), Artist and Producer (info and discography), Jukebox (.WAV format), Gigs, and Label info. sections.
- QX Magazine
- a great guide to the London, UK, gay scene (clubs, events and music). The contents page lists the current offerings. Music related items include: Vital Vinyl News, Released This Week, Club Charts.
- Radio Directory
- The site is a large index of links for professional broadcasters. Sections include: Advertising, Education, Engineering, Festivals, History, Jobs, Literature, Magazines, Music, Online Services, Organizations, People, Production, Programming, Promotion, Showprep, Software, Stations.
- Rave Network
- includes the following sections: live radio Netcasts and, every Friday, live Real Audio Webcast from "Government" in Hollywood, live video, club info., dj info, record label info. (Bonzai Records, Outland Records, R&S Records, Resonance Records), stuff (notes on tours and events), international (magazines, clubs), calendar, a mailing list, and the "iterFACE" ChatRoom.
Your scan returned 50 of 60 matches as of .
[ Top of Page ][ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]