DJ Rhythms: Link Catalog - Search
Regrettably many of these links are dead as retail music stores are failing and
many sites have moved since the early days of the Net.
A major purge and migration to a new format is underway.
[ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]
Discography (Music Catalogs)
- All Music Guide
- a huge database catalog of music releases. This company also offers the All Movie Guide - an online film and video database. But, movie soundtrack information is found in the All Music Guide, not in the All Movie Guide.
- ASCAP - American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers
- a membership society of over 71,000 active composer, songwriter, lyricist and music publisher members. ASCAP was created in 1914 to provide the essential link between the creators of music and the users of music. They are the only performing rights licensing organization in the United States whose Board of Directors is made up entirely of writers and music publishers elected by and from their membership. The site contains a database of music: titles, writers, performers, publishers.
- Bernie's Disco Music Page
- (formerly, Bernie's Ever-expanding Universe of Model and Classic Buses, Disco Music & an Audio/Video Equipment Buying Guide) is by Bernie Lopez of New York, New York, USA. Disco dance music buffs will enjoy the nice selection of photos of 12-inch and LP disco record covers. Bernie's Audio and Video Equipment Buying Guide offers tips for those looking to buy home entertainment equipment (Bernie works at J&R Music World).
- The Best of Italo Disco Database
- this database includes 2073 italo-disco songs with BPM and time info. The site is provided by DJ Alex and Nasta who host the "Italo Disco Music Show" and "Disco Susret" on Radio Roda, 106.8 MHz.
- a source for the song titles, writers and publishers of the world's most popular music. BMI offers a searchable database of millions of items, updated weekly, together with one of the Web's most complete source of information for and about songwriting and music licensing.
- Cyber CD
- a retail music store based in Germany with worldwide mailorder service. They have a massive searchable catalog with the following sections: new releases, special offers, top 100 charts cover and tracks, artist index, posters. Other sections include: info and shipment, advertise on CyberCD, gift tokens, questions and feedback, links.
- Disco Discography
- based in the UK, features a very large discography of disco 7" singles (arranged by artist), plus a lot of links to other 70's disco pages. Link inactive: 10 October 2008, help us update this.
- Disco Web
- by Paul Ryburn of Memphis, Tennessee, USA, covers about everthing there is to do with the disco scene, with info or links to topics such as: the history of disco, disco clothes, disco discography, hustle dancing, disco artist homepages. * I can't locate this page anymore, but here is his blog: http://www.paulryburn.com/ Link inactive: 10 October 2008, help us update this.
- "a multi award winning resource since 1996 and a thriving interactive community for the vinyl Disco record collector or '70s / 80s nostalgia buff." The site includes an extensive discography for disco music original vinyl releases including promotional copies plus a disco CD, download and DVD database. The Disco 101 section includes articles on the history of disco, a disco glossary, tips on the care of vinyl records and instructions on how to do the hustle. The clubs section has articles on the discos of the 70's and 80s. The site also includes an active forum for discussion of disco music.
- DJ Hutcho's (Fanatik) Perth Rave Pages
- comes to us from Perth, Australia. These pages offer sections such as: a profile of DJ Hutcho, a Web site for the P.A. group, Fanatik, info on Perth's hardcore and rave scene, a flyer swap page, and hardcore labels discographies.
- DJ Prince Mixing Tips
- [lo-res, 800X600 / high-res, 1024x768] - includes mixing tips, harmonic mixing info., BPM and keys database, gallery (album covers), booking info., top 10, DJ charts, DJ software (BPM and key calculating software), breakbeats, shop (store directory), MP3, guestbook, forum, and feedback.
- Ejaness Reggae Comprehensive
- based in Brooklyn, New York, USA, features a large online catalog of reggae CDs with close to 600 artists and over 6,000 CD titles. View artist photos and biographies for nearly 500 artists. A great resource for collectors. Sections include: new releases, reggae catalog, reggae gospel, reggae Christmas, calypso, African music, requests, president's message and services.
- the Web EZine version of EST Magazine. The magazine focuses on industrial music, however, later issues of the magazine have reflected a growing interest in unusual, underground music, various forms of industrial music, and other innovative areas of music, such as free improvisation and contemporary "classical" music. The site features interviews, prehistory of industrial music, articles, loads of music reviews, some discographies and a directory.
- [USA]- a free approach to cddbp. A fully free CD information service developed in response to restrictive license requirements set forth by the owners of Gracenote (CDDB / CDDB2). The site includes a large searchable database of CD's with track listings. This database is also accessible via freedb enabled CD-players, retrieiving available artist, title and track information when a disc is placed in a CD player.
- Gracenote (CDDB / CDDB2)
- [Berkeley, California, USA]- is a technology company specializing in music recognition, content delivery, and database management. The CDDBr Music Recognition Service is a large online database of audio CD and song titles. CDDB-enabled CD players may access the database and retrieve the information on the CD in the player. The content delivery engine also provides the ability to aggregate and deliver rich third-party content that is directly related to music as it is playing (web site links and applications). In response to certain license restrictions and charges, freedb has been developed as a similar, entirely free, service.
- Le Guide des BPM
- contains an extensive guide to BPM, especially for French and European dance music releases plus reviews and current release information for French and European dance music.
- hotdiscomix - The World Of Disco/Dance Music
- [Berlin, Germany]- presents extensive discographies for remix services (Disconet, Hot Tracks, Prime Cuts, Rhythm Stick etc.) and disco/dance labels (Casablanca, Megatone, Prelude, Salsoul etc.). In addition Chart-rewinds, biographies and portraits about deejays, disco-stars and clubs and a music shop with recommend CDs and second hand records.
- House Nation
- hosted by Streetsound Magazine. This large site is now DEAD. The developer, Walter Chiu, has moved on to Undergroundhouse.com. Still, the remains of the site, dedicated to house music, include a huge index of label discographies (non-frames-capable browsers can access the labels intro page and the labels index by following these links). (More...DJR database)
- I Venti d'Azzurro
- one of the most complete Italian dance music / Italo-disco music sites on the WWW. Sections include: Addresses (for this Italo music fan club), Chatboard, Crew, Charts, History, Import News, Italo Links, Label Mania (release information for all major Italian dance labels), What's New.
- Internet Movie Database
- (USA server, search screen) - is a complete guide to movies with section dedicated to movie soundtracks. (Mirrors: Italy, United Kingdom.)
- Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music
- an extensive and interesting guide to the genres of electronic music. Version 2, as of Oct. 2003, is nearly 50 mb in total size and includes 140 genres, 635 samples, 312 files, 105kb text and 2h 5m 37s of music samples.
- Italian Dance Music Homepage
- based in the Netherlands, contains the I Venti'D Azzurro top 40 chart, an alltime Italo top 100 chart, Italo releases audio page (Real Audio, .ra, format), CD release info (with some track listings), Italian record label info (nothing much here yet), discographies of Italo labels (just started), links and more.
- Leon's Disco Page
- by Leon Pronk of The Netherlands, features loads of info on Italo-disco and hi-nrg. There are three main sections: Italo page, USA/Can (nothing there at the moment) and Hi-NRG (nothing there at the moment). The Italo page is divided into oldies and newbies. The oldies section is frame-based and contains one of the largest databases of Italo dance music available. There are also wanted, for sale and links sections. (More...DJR database)
- Mind on Music (MoM)
- an extensive database of music information was formerly called WWW Music Database. This site, by Espen Skoglund of Norway, allows you to vote for your favorites music. This is different from the WWW Music Database that is managed by email@example.com.
- Joey Musaphia (Remixer / Producer / DJ)
- [London, England, United Kingdom]- homepage with biography, discography, and remixography plus management contact details and DJ booking info. Links page coming very soon...
- The Music Database
- originates from Austin, Texas, USA. This site provides 35000 tabs, chords and more than 5500 Midi files. There is a search engine, a browsable index for the tabs and chords, Midi files available for download, a Newsgroup and a very experimental Chat Room.
- Nemesis Music
- a New York, New York, USA, wholesale distributor of vinyl, cds and accessories. They specialize in import and export dance releases. (Note: wholesale means they only sell to stores which then sell the product retail to customers.)
- site by aka Lazlo Nibble contains a number of resources of interest to the dance music enthusiast. Sections include:
Lazlo's Discography Machine - a searchable gateway to 30+ pop and synthpop discographies, plus links to lots of resources related to each artist or label included.
The Internet Music Wantlists -a place to let the world know what music releases (CD, LPs, singles, music videos) you're looking for.
Nibble's Record-Shop Guides - guides to record shops in San Diego and Los Angeles, California, USA, with more planned.
Mailing Lists - information the Lazlo-maintained lists: Comic's-Business, Exotica, Jean-Michel Jarre, The KLF, Kraftwerk, Men Without Hats, The Orb, Orbulletins, Yello, and Zang Tuum Tumb Records.
Linkswamp - links on a grab bag of subjects, including Music artists, labels, retailers and etc.
- markets a variety of software for cataloguing including music cataloguing software, plus the MegaGuide series of CD-ROM music references which include cataloguing information on 45's, CDs and LPs.
- Radio Centouno, 101 Network
- a radio station in Italy, features: Frequenze (frequencies of broadcast), La Storia (history), 1000 al 2000 (artist/title contact submission form), Foto (photos), Links, Programmi, Radio Centouno Online (available only :-( with Microsoft Internet Explorer using Microsoft Netshow Player, and the impressive:
Soul System --a huge subsection with Charts (current and many archived for 1995-1998 and 1987), Producers Archive (more than 8000 artists cross-linked with producers, tracks and albums), Lyrics (almost all the lyrics for the singles in the S.O.U.L. S.Y.S.T.E.M.), Rap Database (from One B.A.D World a great rap database with pictures and info on rap artists and their labels, Samples (a huge detailed list of samples and related tracks. Useful for sample clearances.)
- Ranu's Italodisco Page
- by Juha Rantala of Finland, features discographies of many Italodisco labels (note: the list was last updated in 1996, and also points to a more comprehensive discography at: I Venti d'Azzurro), Italo 12" vinyl for sale, info on The Legend Italodisco CD compilation series, and links to other Italodisco sites. Note: The links from the front page are not working as of viewing of 4 Feb 2001, but the links provided here still work. (More...DJR database)
- Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
- developers of a new UK service that identifies music over any mobile phone (tagging). Users can then visit www.shazam.com where they will find a list of all the songs they have tagged. They also have the opportunity to buy the CDs on the website. Shazam.com also offers a jukebox with over a 100 songs for listening.
- [Tampa, Florida, USA]- an overview of DJ remix services and nearly complete discographies for several (Disconet, Direct Hit, Germix and Ultimix). The site is presented by DJ Cruella.
- Watts Music, Inc.
- a New York, New York, USA, -based import, export underground dance music distributor. This is a wholesale-only company from which many of the dance music retail stores order their product. Their presence on the web will make it easier for retail shoppers to know what new indie and import dance releases are available (see search interface of the DJ & Vinyl Junkies section). Shoppers can then ask their favorite local retailer to order these items from Watts or find a retailer via the Watts site. Retailers may now set up a private retail cyberaccount for 24-hour online info, ordering and retail sales support. To find out more about the company, read About Watts.
Your scan returned 34 of 34 matches as of .
[ Top of Page ][ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]