DJ Rhythms: Links to Charts / Playlists on the Net
- Addicted to Noise, based in Belgium, is a premier site for Belgian club listings, dance charts and house music. [12/27/97]
- Asian DJ Coalition - this frontpage offers links to graphics-rich and bare-bones text (but not yet active) interfaces. The Asian DJ Coaliation is a professional DJ organization comprised of members all over North America. The site offers organizational news, events list, wax list (a store directory), decks (information on turntables), message board, member roster, DJ links, and up-to-date
Asian DJ Coalition Charts (the regular chart is especially oriented towards Euro-NRG and Euro-house, plus there is now an Urban chart).
- Australian Music Charts - used to contain singles charts from 1989 to present(!); plus a searchable Australian singles chart database. Unfortunately, the site has been closed due to threat of legal action because it contained copyrighted lyrics, sound files and Australian Music Charts. The current Australian Top 40 plus archives is available as the Oz Net Music Chart home page. [06/06/97]
- Australian Music Monolith is a well-developed index of music resources on the Net, with an emphasis on Australian sites. Sections include: Australian Artists;
Music Charts from All Over the World (an extensive index);
FTP Sites (software and information); Learning Music; Making Music; Video and Audio Clips; Media (magazines, ezines, TV, radio); Music Industry Resources; Record Labels and Companies; Retailers, Wholesalers and Distributors.
- Belgian Dance Charts
Belgian Dance Top 40
Belgian Dance Top 20 : 1996
Belgian Dance Top 20 : 1993 - 1996
Top Radio Hitlijsten van bekende Luisteraars (index of links to DJ charts)
- Big Bro Media in the Netherlands offers artist, label and rave information, and soon, a cyberstore (Big Bro Records Cyberstore).
The Dutch Mega Music Dance Top 30 chart is also featured here.
- Billboard Online, is a web version of USA's Billboard Magazine. A large chunk of this site is available only to subscribers, but the following sections, are free:
charts (top 100 of the top 200 albums, top 50 singles, chart spotlight)
breaking news, trivia and extras.
- Chart Magazine is a Canadian print magazine devoted to new alternative music. Features in include articles on current acts, scene reports from across Canada, reviews and
Canadian college radio and retail charts. [02/14/97]
- Charts all over the World is one of the most comprehensive indices of music charts on the web. This site comes to us from Latvia.
- Charts Galore! - links to music charts all over the world.
- Charts Online is a comprehensive index of charts from all over the world.
- Tony Santiago's DanceNation (doormat page), leads you to the index page. This site contains over 1,000 active links to dance music sites on the World Wide Web. They are divided into the following categories:
Ambient/Trance/Happy Hardcore, Freestyle, Newsgroups, Artists, Gabber, Producers, Charts, House, Raves, Club Scene, The Industry, Record Labels, Dance Music (General), Jungle/Drum And Bass, Record Pools/DJ Associations, Dance Music Radio, Magazines, Record Stores, Disco, Miscellaneous, Reviews, DJ Sites/Remix Services, Mix Tapes, Techno, Eurodance, Music Licensing, World Dance, Netcasts. [06/17/97]
- DJ Crash is a Los Angeles, California, USA, based DJ. He specializes in progressive, deep house and garage. His site includes charts (Crash's Top Twenty, house, hip hop, progressive, world and more) and reviews. This site is in "The Basement," of the Rhythm Crew DJ's Entertainment site. [03/16/98]
- DJ Dez's Freestyle Page features DJ Dez's monthly freestyle chart, classics info. and the latest updates and information on the freestyle music movement. [05/17/97]
- DJ Hart's Web page features the newest and best breaks with some house. The site includes DJ Hart's top ten chart, updated news on new releases and links. [04/07/98]
- DJ JoeD'Espinosa of Boston, Massachusetts, USA, has a slick site with his top 20 chart, a jukebox (with .wavsamples), bio, playdates, Opus tape club (tapes for sale) and hot links. [04/03/97 rev. 05/17/97]
- DJ Moon's Official Home Page (Lafayette, Louisiana, USA) includes: The Latest News about Funky Breaks Producer, DJ Moon, and a Top Ten List chart. [04/07/98]
- DJ Tim McMahon of Sycamore Gardens Nightclub - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, offers a page called, Essential Dance Music. Here you will find his club chart. [08/05/97]
- DMC - UK: DMC Publishing Ltd., P.O. Box 89, Slough, SL1 8NA, ph: 01628-667124, fax: 01628-667057. US: DMC USA, 666 Broadway, Suite 1200, New York, NY 10012, ph: 212-777-6676, fax: 212-777-7167. UK-based remix service for sale only to professional d.j.'s with several publications: Mixmag, Mixmag Update and Update USA. Each magazine offers interviews, reviews and charts.
DMC Dance Top 20 Charts have been know to reside at Infinity Disco Zone.
- .dotmusic is especially notable for it's subsection
.Charts which features a variety of charts (mostly compiledby CIN, the Chart InformationNetwork), including: the weekly Record Mirror Club Chart, the UK Dance Charts, UK Albums, UK Singles, UK R&B. The MBI InternationalChartwatch, .dotMBI, an analysis of the global chart marketplace is also here.
- Eclipse Digizine of Gainesville, Florida, USA, features ingredients (an index to parts of the site),
BandWidth (write-ups on local bands),
Boyd Westerman's Vortex (where you will find dance music reviews and charts),
g-spot (about Gainesville businesses), culture, rants, shoe chat, meet market (a free online dating service) and much more. [04/07/97]
- Eightball The CyberShop, at 105 East 9th Street in New York City, racks house, hip hop, reggae & acid jazz from around the world (12" & 7" singles, EPs & albums, vinyl & CD, DJ mix tapes) and exclusive Eightball-brand gear. This site has a new releases and buzz picks charts section, Global Cybershopping System (mail order) and an all-music chatboard. [10/15/96 rev. 06/01/97]
- ePro is the chart and record pool information coordinator for the dj record pools in the United States. The site features dance top 100, urban top 100 and breakout charts, which are updated weekly. Info. on the ePro system and FAQ are also provided, plus a link to the record pool directory maintained at the Northwest Dance Music Association site. [06/09/97]
- Flamingo Record Promotions, Inc., based in south Florida, USA, includes a 100 member record pool that promotes new music product of all genres via DJs in clubs, radio, and the streets. Their informative, easy to navigate, site includes: About Us, Breakouts, Pick Hits, Charts (Top 40 Dance, Top 40 Urban), Radio Adds, Reviews, Members (with profiles), E-Mail and Links. [12/03/97]
- GAVIN is a San Francisco, CA, USA-based radio and music weekly trade magazine. It provides up-to-date information on what America's contemporary music radio stations are playing. Their homepage contains excerpts from the weekly issue. The GAVIN Airplay Charts are compiled from the playlists of more than 1,300 radio stations in 12 music formats: Top 40, Rap, Urban, A/C, Country, Americana, A3, Jazz, Adult Alternative, Alternative, College and GAVIN Rocks. [10/15/96]
- Hit FM 94.2 Stockholm, Sweden (Swedish language index page) is a dance oriented station with focus on club/techno/hi-nrg/Euro-nrg/pop mixed with club classics. Their Hit 60 Radio Chart has been published since 1979. [03/24/97]
- The House Music Factory, (door mat, entry, page), automatically jumps to the frame-based main page (or, contents list, if you don't use frames, the links will come up in another window). The site features playlists (airplay lists and tapes for the Hot Mix Ninety 7 radio show on EvoSonic), samples, charts, events, news, DJ profiles and booking info., hotlinx, desigz, art gallery, and search sections. [06/06/97]
- I Venti d'Azzurro is a fan club dedicated to Italo disco and Italian dance music. The site (under construction) is designed to be comprehensive for this genre. Sections include: Addresses, Artists, Chatboard, Crew, Charts, For Sale, Freak or Fan, History, Import News, Italo Links, Label Mania, Party Info, Radio Stations, Record Shop, What's New. (Note: There is also a minimal page with this same title, I Venti d'Azzurro, subtitled, Italo disco music from the 80's and 90's.) [10/06/97]
- EdgeClub 94 of 94.5 KDGE "The Edge" radio of Dallas, Texas, USA, offers playlists, hype charts, events info., artist id's and links. The webmaster for the site is the overnight D.J., Merritt. [03/31/97]
- Limited edition for DJ's by Luciano Berry in Italy features, charts (top 30 sales and dance, underground club, plus many DJ charts in the "Our DJ's" section), Play It Loud (under construction, will feature sound samples of new tracks), Events (under construction) and links. [11/04/97]
- Linus Dance Page, by Linus Sandberg of Bolln_s, Sweden, has a huge music archive collection of eurodance/techno/rave/rap/house samples (Real Audio, .ra, format), new and future releases info, news, dance charts, a DanceChat room, and links to music software, artists homepages and other music sites. [04/25/97 rev. 08/05/97]
- Mike's Music Machine includes chart listings from all the major Canadian DJ Pools [05/04/97]
- Minimois the homepage for DJ Sire of Perth, Western Australia. DJ Sire plays guest spots in clubs and house parties. He specializes in U.S techno/house. You'll find DJ Sire's charts, plus others at this site. [05/17/97]
- Ministry of Sound is one of the world's greatest dance music clubs. Ministry of Sound Recordings is one of Europe's biggest independent record labels. Their site is chock full with club listings, a flyer mailing list, chat room, shop, tours office, hours of live and archived Real Audio feeds of DJ's mix sessions from the club, streaming video recorded at the club and the Ministry of Sound Electronica Charts (main Ministry and clubbers). [01/02/98]
- Mixmag and Mixmag Update are UK magazines with a related USA publication, Update USA. They are published by the DMC remix service. The Mixmag Update Buzz Charts are a great starting place to check out what promos are out now and what hot new releases are forthcoming.
- Nightclub & Bar Hospitality Online is the Net version of Nightclub and Bar Magazine. This site roams the cutting edge of the global nightlife scene. This well-designed site is full of information. Sections include:
DME Inc. / NCB Top 50 Dance / Crossover Chart (provided by The DixieDance Kings record pool)
hot promotions, cool cocktails, disc jockey booth (features, dj profiles (incl. a nice write-up on Atlanta's top dj's) and new products), club crawl (a very comprehensive club/bar directory), CyberMall (club/music industry-related products), bar links (actually links to more than just bars), NC&B Expo (convention and trade show).
- Northern California's Premiere Dance Music Site is dedicated to HiNRG European underground and ambient dance music. Features include: weekly charts / playlists, weekly music picks, events in Northern California, affiliated DJs & clubs, contact for booking shows, links, industry sponsored pages. [05/17/97]
- Oz Net Music Chart home page features the current Australian Top 40 plus archives (Oz Net), the U.K. (BBC) and the U.S. (Billboard) charts. [06/06/97]
- Power 106 radio of Stockholm, Sweden (the doormat page is an expanding logo) has a frames-based index page in Swedish through which you can get to an English page (if you enter directly at the English page you won't have frames and will need the index page). The site offers online radio broadcasts via the Streamworks Player, hot DJ mixes, top 30 charts, playlists, club guide and artist info. [04/03/97]
- Jonney Quest's Legion of House is by DJ Jonney Quest, (Mike Barnett) of the New York City, New York, USA and New Jersey, USA region. The introductory page will lead you to a frame-based index page. Selections include charts, DJ booking information, a form to join guest lists for top NYC clubs, link up with IRC and search the music chat rooms, Legion of House chat, and a link to Everything you want to know about your Technics SL1200. [02/12/97]
- Radio Centouno, 101 Network of Italy, features: Frequenze (frequencies of broadcast), La Storia (history), 1000 al 2000 (artist/title contact submission form), Foto (photos), Links, Programmi, Radio Centouno Online (available only :-( with Microsoft Internet Explorer using Microsoft Netshow Player, and the impressive:
Soul System --a huge subsection with Charts (current and many archived for 1995-1998 and 1987), Producers Archive (more than 8000 artists cross-linked with producers, tracks and albums), Lyrics (almost all the lyrics for the singles in the S.O.U.L. S.Y.S.T.E.M.), Rap Database (from One B.A.D World a great rap database with pictures and info on rap artists and their labels, Samples (a huge detailed list of samples and related tracks. Useful for sample clearances.) [03/20/98]
- Songsearch CD Store (Alpha site) is a mail order retail CD and video store based in Angelus Oaks, California, USA. Their mirror Beta site has a superfast search engine and a shopping cart. The store has an easy to use search page plus a browsable catalog, a full selection of charts (Australian, UK and US), a long list of labels and the abbreviations used, music categories, classified ads (items for sale and wanted), and the music crossroads (links). [08/26/97 rev. 12/03/97]
- Nepenthe, a site by Sonic Styl of southwestern Florida, USA, is dedicated to the Florida clubs and underground happenings. Sections include: clubs, raves, DJ's, "my view" (an editorial on the underground scene), your views, hot vinyl (chart), and links. [06/30/97]
- CalienteRecord Pool and Promotions is a Latin record pool, promotions company and retail record store, based in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. The record pool section offers merengue, salsa and Latin house charts. [01/20/98]
- Streetsound Magazine is a USA/Canadian print and web magazine devoted to dance music. This is a comprehensive site covering many music genre. The following are a few highlights:
Charts - a wide variety of charts and chart archives are maintained:
The Streetsound Charts
page lists the top five breakout tracks of DJ's and other reporters, worldwide.
Streetsound Global 50 is an exclusive in-house pick of the 50 most action-packed new music tracks out now.
Hi-NRG - this area offers charts, reviews, reports, interviews, chart and review archives, and a hi-nrg chatboard.
Streetsound Global House is a house mailing list which was started after the SoDeep list went down in August 1996. It's a phat list, with dj's, industry peopleand fans from around the world. Subscription info is at
http://www.streetsound.com/globalhouse. [01/01/96 rev. 03/13/97]
- Tower Records - Singapore offers cybershopping, information the stores and events, plus
album and single charts. [02/14/97]
- UK-Dance is a web site evolving from the mailing list initiated in November 1992 to provide a place for people to discuss everything to do with dance music culture in the UK: clubs, parties, special events, record shops, radio, records and anything else to do with the underground scene. The UK Dance charts are now available at the Dot Music site. The record shop directory previously linked in to the UK Dance site is no longer visibly linked at this site. Anyone know where it went?
- The Ultimate Band List, formerly called the Web Wide World of Music, is a massive index site of music resources on the WWW. It is neatly designed into the following sections: radio stations, record labels, clubs & concerts, record stores, atn music news, online events, mags and ezines, more stuff and charts. The whole site is searchable and easily navigatable. [03/03/97]
- World Internet Dance Radio features online radio shows in Real Audio format (.ra) of dance music, including:
Daily Show: current club music submitted from record labels, artists, and industry reps. (ca. 1 hr.)
Feature Mix: feature mix shows from around the world.
Sexy Joe Show: A HiNRG mix, updated weekly, by this DJ of Ontario, Canada, and staff writer for DMA Magazine.
Techno Mix: featuring a techno mix.
The DMA Top 50 Monthly Chart
New releases page [11/11/96 rev. 04/25/97]
- Yahoo - Entertainment:Music:Charts - large index list.
[Top of Page]
Last content update:
7 April 1998
© 1995-1998 by D.J. Rhythms, unless otherwise noted.