DJ Rhythms: Link Catalog - Search
Regrettably many of these links are dead as retail music stores are failing and
many sites have moved since the early days of the Net.
A major purge and migration to a new format is underway.
[ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]
Legal Issues (copyright, etc.)
- All About Trademarks from Gregory H. Guillot
- [USA]- comprehensive site dedicated to trademarks and trademark law.
- ASCAP - American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers
- a membership society of over 71,000 active composer, songwriter, lyricist and music publisher members. ASCAP was created in 1914 to provide the essential link between the creators of music and the users of music. They are the only performing rights licensing organization in the United States whose Board of Directors is made up entirely of writers and music publishers elected by and from their membership. The site contains a database of music: titles, writers, performers, publishers.
- a source for the song titles, writers and publishers of the world's most popular music. BMI offers a searchable database of millions of items, updated weekly, together with one of the Web's most complete source of information for and about songwriting and music licensing.
- Harry Fox Agency, Inc.
- an information source, clearinghouse and monitoring service for licensing musical copyrights. The Agency represents American music publishers and licenses a large percentage of the uses of music in the United States on records, tapes, CDs, imported phonorecords and digital sound files. It also licenses music on a worldwide basis on behalf of its publisher principals for use in films, commercials, television programs, and all other types of audio-visual media.
- a practicing entertainment law attorney, offers the latest copyright news, music business information, a bulletin board for visitors to submit questions and a music law forum.
- [Stockport, United Kingdom]- Europe's first and only online sample clearance facility, with flat-fee charging (excluding fees to copyright owners) and a forthcomingsearchable database of sampling cases. Link inactive: 02 January 2009, help us update this.
- Musicians' Intellectual Law & Resources Links
- by attorney Jay M. Schornstein of Portland, Oregon, USA. Includes: notes on copyright, copyright in compositions, copyright in sound recordings, collection of royalties, mechanical royalties, trademarks and servicemarks, miscellaneous intellectual law, links, thoughts on contracts, analysis of recording contract clauses, musician resources, favorite musician related links, jazz and music magazines, record company links, booking agents, managers and music publishers, international venues, American venues, musicians' web pages, spotlight on the Portland music scene, disclaimer, web page information.
- Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)
- a trade association whose member companies create, manufacture and/or distribute approximately 90 percent of all legitimate sound recordings produced and sold in the United States. The site includes information about the RIAA, a discussion of legal issues of concern to recording artists and statistics on music sales in the United States.
Your scan returned 8 of 8 matches as of .
[ Top of Page ][ Return to the DJR Links Catalog main page ]